ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience at PEO for ILR... Please post here

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

valsad
India

Experience at PEO for ILR... Please post here

Post by valsad » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi All,

I am thinking of applying for my ILR at PEO Liverpool (after 5 yrs HSMP). But some people told me that case officers are PEO are very moody and asks lots of question.

Can those peoples or their friends who have used PEO service please share their experience in this post so that I can decide whether to apply at PEO or send my ILR application by post.

Sheffield PEO seems to be fairly new to give this same day service. Has anybody been there, if so can they share their experience please.

Also reading in other posts, some of the members are still waiting for about 14 weeks to hear any update on their postal ILR application. Your views will help a lot.

Thanks
Valsad

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am

If your application is free of complexities and you have all the required documentation in order, then you should not think twice about using PEO.

The only downside is you will have to shell a few extra pounds from your pocket, but it is worth it.

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Heres my experience in PEO liverpool(married to british)

Appointment time 11:30 am if not mistaken but we arrive 30 mins earlier.
Call for the first window to check my passport and marriage contract. The lady we were spoken to is nice she told us that if we are not successful they wont refund us. After that pay to the cashier after half an hour called to the next window for documents checking this time evedince for living together which is not a problems as we got loads of it and told us that wait for an hour for my visa, we really didnt stay and wait we just told them to come back for my passport because my daughter is hungry and we are going out to get something to eat. After an hour we came back and my passport is ready with ILR on it. Actually it really depends are people have different experince but for me they are nice, its my second time going in there.

Hope this help.

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Many thanks to dnicky and adviceseeker.

As per my case, I am on HSMP from the beginning but my first job was an Plant Operator because I was not successful in getting staff level job but since last 1.5 years, I am working as QC Chemist. Do they ask for employment contracts to see apart from recent letter from employer stating my job is permenant and still continues... which I will get in few weeks.

Also I have a seasonal job (means working during Easter, Chritsmas, Summer holidays) in supermarket. Will this create a problem if I tell about it and attach its payslips etc. with application. Will it be wise not to mention anything about this second job as salary from both jobs goes into different bank accounts.

I can produce all documents from last 5 years i.e. bank statemetns, ISAs statements, P60s, employment contracts of all jobs so far, marriage certificiate, council tax bills named on both me and wife etc. which to me looks like a straight forward case. But don't know how the case officer will look at it and stir it up.

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

I am still waiting for any advice. pl.... Shall I show my second job. My understanding the case officer will come to know if he/she searches for my National Insurance number it will reveal all my earnings, tax, NI contributions and any benefits claimed(which I haven't).