ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sound and Solid Advice please.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lazarus

Sound and Solid Advice please.

Post by Lazarus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

Been living in this country 12yrs now. Have an outstanding application 6rs old. Prior to this i had overstayed.

Now i have a degree and my speciality is on the shortage list for Tier 2 work permit application. I want to look for a job and ask the employer to apply for a work permit or should i go into teaching?

What would be the est option for me in this case considering I havent got any status and on top of that I cant work.

Been living off friends, what can I do? Deaerate for some ideas please

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Now i have a degree and my speciality is on the shortage list for Tier 2 work permit application. I want to look for a job and ask the employer to apply for a work permit or should i go into teaching?

What would be the est option for me in this case considering I havent got any status and on top of that I cant work.
Just because you get a work permit - now certificate of sponsorship - does not mean you would be able to work. You would have to get leave in the UK or entry clearance and that could be problematic because you appear to have no leave.

What is your outstanding case for? Have you been to your MP yet? What is your nationality?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:25 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#161957

Hello, I looked up your old posts instead. I think that you should look to your current application. What were the compassionate reasons that you put for leave in the UK?