ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application

Post by PM74Juve » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:16 pm

Quick queries.

Wife will apply to naturalise.

1. I presume it is okay to travel abroad after submitting application?
2. Professional referee. I know their professions list is not exhaustive. What opinion do people have on whether the following would be considered acceptable - our friend describes his role as a senior manager/personnel officer in the NHS (and he regards NHS trusts as VAT registered).

Seasonal best wishes to all and thanks in advance for answers.

Kind regards!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:25 pm

1. I presume it is okay to travel abroad after submitting application?
Correct.
2. Professional referee. I know their professions list is not exhaustive. What opinion do people have on whether the following would be considered acceptable - our friend describes his role as a senior manager/personnel officer in the NHS (and he regards NHS trusts as VAT registered).
Probably OK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:25 pm

PM74Juve wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:16 pm
Quick queries.

Wife will apply to naturalise.

1. I presume it is okay to travel abroad after submitting application? Yes
2. Professional referee. I know their professions list is not exhaustive. What opinion do people have on whether the following would be considered acceptable - our friend describes his role as a senior manager/personnel officer in the NHS (and he regards NHS trusts as VAT registered). It's not the role or job title, but are they professionally qualified, members of the relevant professional body, may even have letters after their name? Is the personnel office a member of the Institute of Personnel Management?

Seasonal best wishes to all and thanks in advance for answers.

Kind regards!
CR001 got there first!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Thank you...

A cheeky follow up question.

Consent form - I recall people reporting them adding this to the documents required. Will this appear along with referee forms as required to download and complete for upload at the end of the application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:39 pm

If it's still required it should be - hasn't been asked in relation to AN for a while.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:23 pm

PM74Juve wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:09 pm
Thank you...

Consent form - I recall people reporting them adding this to the documents required. Will this appear along with referee forms as required to download and complete for upload at the end of the application?
I applied in May and it didn't appear on the list of forms that were required or to download! I knew about it thanks to this forum, otherwise there was no way I would have learned about it from the guidance or online form or UKVCAS website.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:03 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:23 pm
PM74Juve wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:09 pm
Thank you...

I applied in May and it didn't appear on the list of forms that were required or to download! I knew about it thanks to this forum, otherwise there was no way I would have learned about it from the guidance or online form or UKVCAS website.
sorry to jump in, which consent form is this? Could you please share link

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:44 pm

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:58 pm

Thanks regarding Consent Form..

Can't do any harm to include it.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:28 am

Another Question:

For referees who have not lived at current address for the last 3 years it asks for details of previous addresses.

Obviously you need to provide those addresses - do you need to provide dates.. if so will month/year do?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:12 am

Provide what the form requires at the best of your (in this case your referees') recollection and explain in the cover letter that all dates are at the best of your recollection.