ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renunciation-applied 22 days ago but no confirmation or update on website

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Forestgreen
Newly Registered
Wales

Renunciation-applied 22 days ago but no confirmation or update on website

Post by Forestgreen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:31 pm

The website still says:

Please take printout of the on-line application and submit it alongwith supporting documents in the office of UK-LONDON. At the time of visit, please carry original documents for verification purpose.

-------

I applied 22 days ago at VFS Goswell. Surely something has gone wrong as the system has not updated until now?

I couldn't find much information but saw that one other applicant saw the system update after 9 days.

Is there any way to chase this up as it's mandatory to have this done before OCI is approved? That's what a VFS official said that even though you can apply for OCI, the HCI will wait for renunciation to approved first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forestgreen
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Renunciation-applied 22 days ago but no confirmation or update on website

Post by Forestgreen » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:48 pm

It's now more than a month. No update on and acknowledgement. I emailed the High Commission and they are ignoring it. Is there anything else I can do?

gee_kay
Newly Registered
India

Post by gee_kay » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:26 pm

Hi there, any update on this? I am also in the same situation and wondering what to do next.

BashirB
United Kingdom

Post by BashirB » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:34 pm

Forestgreen wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:48 pm
It's now more than a month. No update on and acknowledgement. I emailed the High Commission and they are ignoring it. Is there anything else I can do?
Assuming ALL the below are true, I would go ahead and apply for OCI with receipt of renunciation. In the background, they will only approve OCI after renunciation is approved, but you will have two applications which are pending for a long time. The OCI team is different from renunciation team and they may themselves query internally why its taking so long.

However, do this only if ALL below are true:
- you have not used Indian passport after obtaining naturalisation
- you have renounced within 3 months of getting foreign passport
- you have no dependents who could potentially lose their nationality once you renounce
- you have provided all documents they asked for and paid the correct amount of fees

monza

Post by monza » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:14 am

Forestgreen wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:48 pm

Hi when I fill the form it was asking my son's details but when the form was submitted I got pdf saying ".Name and full particulars of minor children who are Citizens of India. but he is British. My son is British and his father is British. My son never had an Indian passport. but he has OCI.

Also, I mentioned "The circumstances in which/reasons due to which applicant intends to acquire foreign citizenship and renounce Indian citizenship"
ACQUIRED BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION

Please let me know what the correct answer is.