ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settled status BRP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkdr
India

EU settled status BRP

Post by mkdr » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:10 pm

Hi everyone, my wife received letter from home office that, she has been granted EU settled status. Will she receive settled status BRP? At the moment, she has pre-settled status BRP. I’m not sure if she will receive another BRP with settled status. Letter from home office is not clear. Please help. Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: EU settled status BRP

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:30 pm

What does the letter say and how long does her BRP last for?

Since (I assume) you use a share code to prove her status and if BRP is until Dec 31, 2024, there's no need for a new BRP I'd say.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mkdr
India

Post by mkdr » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi, BRP is valid until 28-2-24. Letter states, if you do not hold a valid biometric residence card, you should receive within 10 working days. Also, what should we do if my wife travels outside UK after the expiray of current BRP? On return, how to prove the status? Will it be online

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:45 pm

I wouldn’t travel if the return date is beyond the expiry date. The carrier won’t allow you on board for the return leg.

How this will work under the new system still has to be explained by the Home Office.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:06 pm

Seems like the BRP is not valid until the end of 2024, which is why I made the remark.

I suggest you to wait for 10 working days and apply to get a new BRC if nothing is received.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:31 am

Sorry to jump in with my question but are you able to share your timeline? how long did it take to switch from Pre-settled to Settled? Thanks

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:00 am

mkdr wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:10 pm
Hi everyone, my wife received letter from home office that, she has been granted EU settled status. Will she receive settled status BRP? At the moment, she has pre-settled status BRP. I’m not sure if she will receive another BRP with settled status. Letter from home office is not clear. Please help. Thanks
She won't get a new one, she can proof her immigration status online. You will need to apply for a new one when it expires, if you plan to apply for BC then no need unless you plan to travel un between.

All BRP cards expire on Dec 2024 anyway. HO is moving digital

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:28 pm

mkdr wrote:
Hi

I'd say, until the Home Office announces the new way to show your status especially when returning to the UK from abroad, you should wait the 10 days for your wife's new BRC to arrive in the post and if it doesn't, then apply for a new BRC before the expiry of your wife's currently one particularly if her card expires before December 2024.

You just never know when you need to travel or need it between February 2024 when your current one expires and December 2024 when every single UK residence card expires.

Goodluck.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:37 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:28 pm
mkdr wrote:
Hi

I'd say, until the Home Office announces the new way to show your status especially when returning to the UK from abroad, you should wait the 10 days for your wife's new BRC to arrive in the post and if it doesn't, then apply for a new BRC before the expiry of your wife's currently one particularly if her card expires before December 2024.

You just never know when you need to travel or need it between February 2024 when your current one expires and December 2024 when every single UK residence card expires.

Goodluck.
I have seen people proofing their status from the online HI website when abroad to return it the UK!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:21 pm

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:37 pm
I have seen people proofing their status from the online HI website when abroad to return it the UK!
What is the "HI" website?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:11 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:21 pm
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:37 pm
What is the "HI" website?
HO "Home Office" Amigo!
The letter I is near the letter O on a keyboard, I must have had a typo while posting on my phone :mrgreen: