ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC for naturalisation without statement of comparability

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alcatraz
Newly Registered
India

NARIC for naturalisation without statement of comparability

Post by Alcatraz » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 am

Hello members,

I am applying for naturalisation with 5 years on skilled worker visa + ILR (Non EU) and non majority English speaking country.

I have used my NARIC certificate which has only level of English mentioned as CEFR level C1. It doesn’t mention anything about comparability of my degree with UK standards or anything related.

Please let me know if I can use only my NARIC (having only CEFR level) used for ILR and other previous application for naturalisation as well ?
Do I need to attached any cover letter as check list ask for statement of comparability as well along with English language assessment level ?

Please advise?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NARIC for naturalisation without statement of comparability

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:47 am

If the Home Office have previously accepted the degree for a previous application of leave you should be ok, see page 20 of the KoLL caseworker guidance - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page20
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: NARIC for naturalisation without statement of comparability

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:30 am

Alcatraz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 am
Hello members,

I am applying for naturalisation with 5 years on skilled worker visa + ILR (Non EU) and non majority English speaking country.

I have used my NARIC certificate which has only level of English mentioned as CEFR level C1. It doesn’t mention anything about comparability of my degree with UK standards or anything related.

Please let me know if I can use only my NARIC (having only CEFR level) used for ILR and other previous application for naturalisation as well ?
Do I need to attached any cover letter as check list ask for statement of comparability as well along with English language assessment level ?

Please advise?
Did you declare on the form that you used this for ILR?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.