ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenships after settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkdr
India

Citizenships after settled status

Post by mkdr » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:12 pm

Hi, I’m applying for my wife’s British citizenship. She has got EU settled status. She has got BRP with presettled status which is expiring at end of February 2024. I’m planning to for citizenship now and later will need to renew BRP in one month time. Will that be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenships after settled status

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:14 pm

Why renew a brp for a status she no longer holds.

Her pre settled attus is irrelevant now if she has settled status already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:39 pm

She should receive a new BRP for settled status I believe.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:55 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:39 pm
She should receive a new BRP for settled status I believe.
You won't get a new one under the new rules. Her status can be verified online.
Anyway all BRP's are expiring on Dec 2024 as well as the HO is moving to digital. Same happened with me when I moved from pre settled to settled. I had to apply separately for a new BRP.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:04 pm

mkdr wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:12 pm
Hi, I’m applying for my wife’s British citizenship. She has got EU settled status. She has got BRP with presettled status which is expiring at end of February 2024. I’m planning to for citizenship now and later will need to renew BRP in one month time. Will that be ok?
Apology for this but just curious, your flag is Indian and you say your wife has got settled status with BRP :? One of you must be EU citizen and if it is your wife then why/how she has got a BRP?

Anyway, I was in exact same situation with my 2 children when we applied for Naturalisation. We all used pre-settled BRPs during the application (with expiry date of 2024) and there was no issues. Like they said, you do not need to renew anything as it is irrelevant. You are gonna add your wife's ILR (settled status) email/letter to supporting documents when you upload them before she gives her biometrics anyway so they will see her status.
I love science

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:23 pm

imbik wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:04 pm
mkdr wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:12 pm
Apology for this but just curious, your flag is Indian and you say your wife has got settled status with BRP :? One of you must be EU citizen and if it is your wife then why/how she has got a BRP?
The user is Irish by naturalisation, so likely an Indian citizen with OCI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mkdr
India

Post by mkdr » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:09 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m naturalised Irish citizen and that’s why wife has appplied through eu scheme.