ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Approved After IGS Expired. so dont lose hope..

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nionlight
Member of Standing

PSW Approved After IGS Expired. so dont lose hope..

Post by nionlight » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello all, just got visa for my room mate. he was in IGS. aplied for Tier 1 general. but got refused. when he got passport his IGS visa was expired. the solicitor who was dealing Tier 1 genral said there is a 5 days grace period after getting all visa refusal ( from the date refusal letter was issued) to either apply or switch to another category or whatevr. and 28 days come in to play when HO mentions it. other wise 5 days rule comes in to play by default. basically she said the status will be exaclt same for 5 days after getting visa refusal. she said to either apply for PSW or student visa. but since my room mate Tier 1 was refused we were not so confident aout her advise. Then search different forums. some consultant and colsultans said indeed there is 28 days grace period. and some said there is no way, have to go back home. so wedecided to reapply again for PSW and today got one more year PSW visa. so i would suggest all people who got refusal and IGS expired and are wooried as we were,do not lose hope there is lot of loop holes in UK immigration law. from my experience i can say indeed there is grace period after getting refusal to make fresh application and with a cover letter mentionin about why you are sending application after visa expired.a smart solicotrs will find out every single loop hole and apply it smartly for his client to keep them in the UK legaly not just advise to go back home. good luck to every one.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Approved After IGS Expired. so dont lose hope..

Post by mayurbar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:36 pm

nionlight wrote:Hello all, just got visa for my room mate. he was in IGS. aplied for Tier 1 general. but got refused. when he got passport his IGS visa was expired. the solicitor who was dealing Tier 1 genral said there is a 5 days grace period after getting all visa refusal ( from the date refusal letter was issued) to either apply or switch to another category or whatevr. and 28 days come in to play when HO mentions it. other wise 5 days rule comes in to play by default. basically she said the status will be exaclt same for 5 days after getting visa refusal. she said to either apply for PSW or student visa. but since my room mate Tier 1 was refused we were not so confident aout her advise. Then search different forums. some consultant and colsultans said indeed there is 28 days grace period. and some said there is no way, have to go back home. so wedecided to reapply again for PSW and today got one more year PSW visa. so i would suggest all people who got refusal and IGS expired and are wooried as we were,do not lose hope there is lot of loop holes in UK immigration law. from my experience i can say indeed there is grace period after getting refusal to make fresh application and with a cover letter mentionin about why you are sending application after visa expired.a smart solicotrs will find out every single loop hole and apply it smartly for his client to keep them in the UK legaly not just advise to go back home. good luck to every one.
many thanks for the advice. your advice will keep our hope alive. good luck to you.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:16 am

Thanks for this...much appreciated.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

email257525
BANNED

Many Thanks

Post by email257525 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:29 am

Many thanks Dear,

Would you advise us what needs to mention in covering letter if you dont mind please. As not every one gets the Smart Solicitor.

That will be highly appreciated.

regards

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Many Thanks

Post by nionlight » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:09 am

email257525 wrote:Many thanks Dear,

Would you advise us what needs to mention in covering letter if you dont mind please. As not every one gets the Smart Solicitor.

That will be highly appreciated.

regards
Dear email, my sugestion will be when your visa is expired then its better to apply through solictor rather then yourself. its just personal view. what i think is, when a case worker deals with a case and if he sees that it came through a solicitor, it will be more accurate and he will give a 2nd thought before refusing it since he knows solicitor knows the law and he will appeal for sure if he rejects visa where as if some one apply himself then case officer will not be very carefull before rejecting. its just a mind game. again its just my personal view and its obviously arguable.
by the way, in the cover letter some one hast to tell clearly when visa was originally due to expire and clearly mention when the initial application was sent (must need to be before expiry date). then say that visa was expired when you were waiting for decision. as soon as you get decision you are applying again. but again, i will suugest to go through a solicitor. talk to different solicitor and see who knows about this grace period rule and go through him. dont think about saving money when your visa is expired because just think about all the pain you need to go through when you will go back home. good luck. please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information. i really feel how frustrated it is when some one needs to think about going back home after spending so many years in UK.