ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashanthind
Newly Registered
India

Fiancé VISA

Post by ashanthind » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi,
I went to UK in 2018 on a visitor visa and overstayed for 4 years. While I was in the UK I met a lovely woman in 2022 and we fell in love. Now we've planned to get married in the UK, we've heard about the Fiancé VISA and are planning to apply for it. My girlfriend is British, working and has a salary of around £30,000 annually. Also, I've returned to India in Jan, 2023 voluntarily.

My first question-
1. Is Fiancé VISA the right option for us to opt for ?
2. Taking in account my history of overstaying in the UK, what's the probability of me getting the VISA ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Fiancé VISA

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:48 am

ashanthind wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 pm
Hi,
I went to UK in 2018 on a visitor visa and overstayed for 4 years. While I was in the UK I met a lovely woman in 2022 and we fell in love. Now we've planned to get married in the UK, we've heard about the Fiancé VISA and are planning to apply for it. My girlfriend is British, working and has a salary of around £30,000 annually. Also, I've returned to India in Jan, 2023 voluntarily.

My first question-
1. Is Fiancé VISA the right option for us to opt for ?
2. Taking in account my history of overstaying in the UK, what's the probability of me getting the VISA ?
Taking into account your overstay history, I think it would be difficult for you to get a Fiancé visa. Your best option would be to marry in Pakistan and then try a spouse visa. Even that isn't clear cut, but your chances are better that way.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ashanthind
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashanthind » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Thanks for clearing that out. I am from India btw. Thanks.

ashanthind
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashanthind » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:28 am

Thank you for the advice
Just wanted to clear if we can to the court marriage in india without religious ceremony at the moment

With doing marriage in india spouse visa application is possible or not

Any advice is appreciated

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:10 pm

As long as the marriage is legally binding in the country the marriage takes place in, then it will meet the requirements for proof of marriage for a spouse visa.

ashanthind
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashanthind » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:06 am

let know how many payslips we need. We have a contract from our employer. She has started working in middle of November and how much fund we need to show?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:16 am

ashanthind wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:06 am
let know how many payslips we need. We have a contract from our employer. She has started working in middle of November and how much fund we need to show?
Assuming that you are already married and applying for a spouse visa, she'd need to show six months of payslips if earning a fixed income.

The current requirement is for her to show an annual salary of £18,600, but the government has announced that the requirement will increase to an annual salary of £38,000+ "in the spring" (no date announced).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ashanthind
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashanthind » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:08 am

no we are not yet we are planning for applying fiance or suppose visa . really very confused with which vis to apply for. can we use 3 month play slips and contract

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:21 am

ashanthind wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:08 am
can we use 3 month play slips and contract
No. It is mandatory to prove and provided evidence of payslips and corresponding bank statrments for a minimum of 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.