ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR SPOUSE ( 5 YEAR ROUTE)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aania112003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR FOR SPOUSE ( 5 YEAR ROUTE)

Post by aania112003 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:19 pm

Hi. I have a spouse visa valid until the 26th December 2023.
I am planning to apply for ILR (5 yr route).

My husband worked at Tesco on a annual salary and was made redundant in May 2023 after 20 year service with 8 months pay which came across roughly 38k+.

We are wondering what exact evidence we need to meet the financial requirement?

1.) Would he need to be in current employment with a letter from HR when we apply for ILR?

2.)I have been a stay-at-home mum and we have two children (both British citizens, hubby is British).

3.) This month (November) husband got a new job which annual salary is above threshold (37k)

I was just wondering what our options are.  I am worried that is it going to cause problems for our visa application as we dont have any payslip from june till now.

Thank you for your help!

M.K.

asingh42
United Kingdom

Re: ILR FOR SPOUSE ( 5 YEAR ROUTE)

Post by asingh42 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 pm

As your husband has just started a new employment, you would have to apply under category B. Depending on whether he receives salaried income or varied, he has to meet the financial requirement in 2 parts.

First from 12 month to date of application, the total income in these 12 months must meet the 18.6k requirement. Further he must also receive at the date of application gross annual salary equivalent to 18.6k or above. You will need to provide 12 months bank statements, all the payslips within the 12 months and letter of employment.

For further information you can refer to Appendix Appendix FM Section 1.7.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:29 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aania112003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aania112003 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:19 am

zimba wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:29 am
Have you read the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Thank you... Now i have gone through the guideline.. As asingh42 mentioned it has to be12 month bank statements & whatever payslips we have on that period plus my husband new employment letter or contract letter which needs to satisfy the minimum threshold income (in our case it firmly does)... It mentioned in the guideline page 23...

Thank you everyone.. I was very much in stress for this issue..

Thank you again.

aania112003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aania112003 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:20 am

asingh42 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 pm
As your husband has just started a new employment, you would have to apply under category B. Depending on whether he receives salaried income or varied, he has to meet the financial requirement in 2 parts.

First from 12 month to date of application, the total income in these 12 months must meet the 18.6k requirement. Further he must also receive at the date of application gross annual salary equivalent to 18.6k or above. You will need to provide 12 months bank statements, all the payslips within the 12 months and letter of employment.

For further information you can refer to Appendix Appendix FM Section 1.7.
Thank you so much.. I have downloaded the appendix...