ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change affidavit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyxda
Newly Registered

Name change affidavit

Post by happyxda » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 am

I have a name change querry, as i am in ireland presently and originaly from india. my name was changed to include my sirname in 2006 during the time of making passport. i don t have the affidavit that i made during that time, but recently 3 weeks ago my father made an affidavit on Stamped paper from his side confirming my name change and it is signed by a notary and a district magistrate. it has proper court number and everything. would it work? i cant go to india to make this from my side. and its not possible to make it in ireland as my name was changed in india. please provide some info on this.
thanks a mil
regards
harpreet

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 am

Kaff

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks for reply.
but my question is that affidavit has been made by my father not by me, as i am in Ireland at the moment and cannot go to india for making affidavit. please help

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 am

First of all is this related to Tier 1?
If you changed your name then you should have valid proof of this..
Your father declaration won't work!
Kaff

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am

Hi
Yes it is related to TIER 1.
If father's declaration wont work, then whats the possible way to do it. Do i need to go to india personally to make this affidavit from my side, or if i will make an affidavit from ireland from notary stating that xxxxxx and xxxxyy should be treated as same.
Please reply

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Not sure about that mate, you might need to consult to some professionals.May be that will work.
can that afidavit be past dated? for 2006? if yes then you can make it under your name and get it Notrized and register it at district, you father can do this while you are here.
I am not recommending this idea, but this might help you if you are truely genioun.
Kaff