ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification Needed on Online Naturalization Application for Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PillowMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Clarification Needed on Online Naturalization Application for Spouse

Post by PillowMan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:09 am

I'm a newly naturalized citizen looking to apply online for my wife's naturalization. She has been living in the state for six years. Before I proceed with the application, I have some questions regarding the online application and required documents, and I'm hoping to get some guidance from those who have been through the process.

• 1.Online Application Query - Detailing Travel Days:

In the application, there's a question, "Have you ever been absent more than 70 days?" If I select "Yes," it asks for details about the travel. My wife's travel history over the last four years includes 67 days last year, 95 days the year before, 96 days the previous year, and 21 days the year before that. Should I only detail the years where her travel exceeded 70 days, or include all years? The application doesn't seem to have a specific section for travel history besides this, and only the first page of the passport is required. How do they verify the number of days traveled each year? Would it be advisable to upload a PDF table with a yearly breakdown, or is that unnecessary detail?

• 2.Required Documents - Sworn Affidavit:
The guidelines mention that "The relevant sworn Affidavit must be completed by the Irish spouse/civil partner in the presence of a legal witness." I couldn't find this in the online application. Should this be taken from the old application form 8, specifically just page 35?

• 3.Proofs of Residence:

The requirements state to provide "Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both the applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date, name, and current address." Is this in addition to the yearly 150 points proofs of residency? Also, do these proofs need to feature both our names, or is documentation with just one of our names sufficient?

Any advice or insights from your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards.