ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shah183

Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?

Post by shah183 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 pm

I need to apply for ILR based on long residency and filling in my application form. This question about English language requirements is rather confusing.
''Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application? ''

Anyone know what does this refers to?
If I answer YES then it is assuming I do not need to provide it again as I have already provided it and it does not even show up in the mandatory documents lists to be provided at the end of the application.

If I answer NO then it looks more normal because it asks further questions about whether I have a degree taught in English OR if I have completed an English tests e.g IELTS. and finally it also appears in the mandatory items to provide.

My question is what does the previous application it refer to, please? does it mean my previous application for leave to remain 2.5 years ago or if I have another application for which I have not received any decision yet??

please help. :?: :?: :?: :?:
Submitted from Lahore: 24-09-2013
Under process at BHC : 07-10-2013
RFC: -------------------- 13-01-2014
Collected on: ---------- 15-01-2014
Outcome: Visa Granted :)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:05 pm

shah183 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 pm
''Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application? ''
Not sure what the issue is - have you or haven't you - YES or NO?
Sorry can't help with the application but I thought it's a straight forward question.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:42 am

In any of your previous applications/extensions have you at any point proved your English language proficiency by providing any of the evidence you stated in your post?
Do you have Degree from UK or elsewhere that was taught in English?

If no, go for B1 English Test SELT GESE

shah183

Post by shah183 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:55 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:05 pm
shah183 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 pm
Not sure what the issue is - have you or haven't you - YES or NO?
Sorry can't help with the application but I thought it's a straight forward question.
Yes, I did provide in my previous applications (every 2.5 years) and if I answer YES then the application doesn't ask that I need to prove my English requirements which is odd. I have completed IELTS for this purpose but needed help with how to answer this question.
The only way it will ask to provide English requirements if I answer NO !!

shah183

Post by shah183 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:57 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:42 am
In any of your previous applications/extensions have you at any point proved your English language proficiency by providing any of the evidence you stated in your post?

Yes, I did provide in my previous applications (every 2.5 years) and if I answer YES then the application doesn't ask that I need to prove my English requirements which is odd. I have completed IELTS for this purpose but needed help with how to answer this question.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Why is it odd?

If you've proved your language ability once for immigration purposes, why wouldn't HO be satisfied with it, as per own rules?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:49 am

shah183 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:57 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:42 am

Provided it before, requirements met, no problem at all

em-em
United Kingdom

Post by em-em » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:33 pm

Hello! Sorry to ask or jump into your post but can you please tell me what documents or requirements did you sent to HO for your application ILR 10 Years Long Residency? Thank you so much! X

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:25 pm

em-em wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:33 pm
Hello! Sorry to ask or jump into your post but can you please tell me what documents or requirements did you sent to HO for your application ILR 10 Years Long Residency? Thank you so much! X
Ask your question in your own thread.
ILR LR application is the one with the barest of documents to support.

em-em
United Kingdom

Post by em-em » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Hi! I'm sorry if I've posted on someone's thread,they've applied on the category I am applying for so it's just to enlighten me a bit.Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:17 pm

em-em wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:21 pm
Hi! I'm sorry if I've posted on someone's thread,they've applied on the category I am applying for so it's just to enlighten me a bit.Thank you!
We like to keep members threads in one in one piece so it is easier to to comment on that members issues, rather than mixing it up with other members' issues and questions.If you open your own thread there will be answers to your questions.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.