ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Dependant Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

queries123
India

Student Dependant Visa

Post by queries123 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:41 am

Hi,

Asking on my behalf of a friend from India.

My friend has got her CAS letter yesterday from her university and she will be applying for her Student visa from India, and her husband will be applying for the visa once she has received her visa.

Question that due to no longer can bring dependant visa on student visa from Jan 2024.

so when is last date can be submit for the student dependent visa?

Can they apply together along with Student visa?

Thank you in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Student Dependant Visa

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:31 am

It doesn't depend on when she applies. It depends on when the course starts.
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members
If your postgraduate level course starts on or after 1 January 2024, it must be either:

a PhD or other doctorate (RQF level 8)
a research-based higher degree
Since I assume her course starts after the date given, don't think her dependants can apply.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ZT123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZT123 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 pm

I am an overseas student doing a master's degree here. My program began in September 2023, and I will finish in 2025. I have a question, though: are we still permitted to call our dependents because the new regulations will only apply to those who began their degrees in 2024?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 am

ZT123 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 pm
I am an overseas student doing a master's degree here. My program began in September 2023, and I will finish in 2025. I have a question, though: are we still permitted to call our dependents because the new regulations will only apply to those who began their degrees in 2024?
You can.
Do not hijack other peoples post, create your own topic