ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected Stamp 2 IRP

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LANK
Newly Registered
Ireland

Rejected Stamp 2 IRP

Post by LANK » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:37 am

Long story short:

I am an American international grad student at an Irish University.

I got my IRP in fall 2021. I thought it was good for the duration of my 4-year program. It was not. It was only good for 1 year. I found this out 4 months after it expired.

I immediately tried to renew -- "renewal rejected" (No reason stated)
I submitted an appeal -- "Appeal rejected -- late submission" (That is literally all the correspondence I received re: the appeal. And, it was in an informal email. No letter. No letterhead. No pdf. Just text in an email.)

I contacted immigration support @ justice. No help.

I contacted Domestic Residence and Permissions | Immigration Service Delivery, they instructed me to fill out a ESTC form and mail it in. I did. Now waiting on a response.

My questions are:
1. Thoughts on current situation? ESTC requirement is to submit within 6 months, but I submitted after 6 months. However, I could have submitted the ESTC form, if I was instructed to submit it before going through and waiting through a lengthy standard renewal process.
2. Can I leave the country for Christmas and return to Ireland after the New Year?
3. What can I do to remedy this situation? I made an extremely simple, albeit serious, mistake, and I am a full-time student at an Irish University.

Thanks!

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Rejected Stamp 2 IRP

Post by Angel99 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:26 am

Hi,
It will be best you wait for the outcome of the ESTC and receive your IRP before you travel out of the country to prevent the possible case of not returning soon or anymore.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:30 am

Unfortunately, that's how Irish Stamp 2 works - they give them for a year, renewing after you provide them with proof that you passed the year of your course.

If you leave the country now, you might not be let in, as mentioned above.

There's no immediate solution for this - all you can do at this point is wait for ESTC outcome.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

LANK
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by LANK » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:04 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:30 am
Unfortunately, that's how Irish Stamp 2 works - they give them for a year, renewing after you provide them with proof that you passed the year of your course.

If you leave the country now, you might not be let in, as mentioned above.

There's no immediate solution for this - all you can do at this point is wait for ESTC outcome.
1. Any clue how long ESTCs take? I was sent a letter last week saying that it was received September 12th.
2. What are the possible outcomes for the ESTC? Odds of each of those outcomes occurring in my situation?
3. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances for approval? eg. contact a senator or something like that
4. Is there anything I can do to get permission to leave for Christmas break and return in the New Year? Or, Is there anything I can do to get confirmation that I should NOT leave the country because it would mean I will not be able to re-enter?

Thank you very much for the response!

Jay8391
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Jay8391 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:58 pm

Hi,

Any updates on your case from immigration? Have you gotten any answer and new IRP?

I am in a similar position with waiting ESTC response..

Regards,

clanmystic203
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by clanmystic203 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 pm

Jay8391 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:58 pm
Hi,

Any updates on your case from immigration? Have you gotten any answer and new IRP?

Regards,
Hey, did you get any reply yet? I've been waiting 4 months

clanmystic203
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by clanmystic203 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:38 pm

LANK wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:37 am
Long story short:

I am an American international grad student at an Irish University.

I got my IRP in fall 2021. I thought it was good for the duration of my 4-year program. It was not. It was only good for 1 year. I found this out 4 months after it expired.

I immediately tried to renew -- "renewal rejected" (No reason stated)
I submitted an appeal -- "Appeal rejected -- late submission" (That is literally all the correspondence I received re: the appeal. And, it was in an informal email. No letter. No letterhead. No pdf. Just text in an email.)

I contacted immigration support @ justice. No help.

I contacted Domestic Residence and Permissions | Immigration Service Delivery, they instructed me to fill out a ESTC form and mail it in. I did. Now waiting on a response.

My questions are:
1. Thoughts on current situation? ESTC requirement is to submit within 6 months, but I submitted after 6 months. However, I could have submitted the ESTC form, if I was instructed to submit it before going through and waiting through a lengthy standard renewal process.
2. Can I leave the country for Christmas and return to Ireland after the New Year?
3. What can I do to remedy this situation? I made an extremely simple, albeit serious, mistake, and I am a full-time student at an Irish University.

Thanks!
Do you have any update to your situation?
I am dealing with the same thing at the moment, and waking up from nightmares about this situation.

I would appreciate any update.

AnonJohnson24
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by AnonJohnson24 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:11 pm

@clanmystic203 When did you submit your ESTC?

Jay8391
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Jay8391 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 am

clanmystic203 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 pm
Jay8391 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:58 pm
Hi,

Regards,
Hey, did you get any reply yet? I've been waiting 4 months
No I've been waiting months. When I email DRP, they keep saying 'lots of people in same condition... we are processing as quick as possible..."