ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency - no type A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

natasha_alena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proof of residency - no type A

Post by natasha_alena » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi all… Since they rolled out this new Type A/ Type B proof of residency requirements, has anyone submitted an application where they did not have something from each category but filled out the affidavit explaining why? And was it accepted? 🤞🏻

I did not realise the bank statements had to have regular point of sale transactions on it… the only bank account we have with my name on it does not have that as we put all of our daily transactions on a credit card - a card which I’m an additional card holder on my husband’s account and our statement does not list which transactions are mine. 🙈 I can’t provide anything else from Type A as I don’t work. But I could provide plenty of things from Type B plus other things proving that I’ve lived here for three years. I’ve emailed them but presuming it takes a while to get a response.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Proof of residency - no type A

Post by Vadrar » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:10 pm

natasha_alena wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 pm
Hi all… Since they rolled out this new Type A/ Type B proof of residency requirements, has anyone submitted an application where they did not have something from each category but filled out the affidavit explaining why? And was it accepted? 🤞🏻

I did not realise the bank statements had to have regular point of sale transactions on it… the only bank account we have with my name on it does not have that as we put all of our daily transactions on a credit card - a card which I’m an additional card holder on my husband’s account and our statement does not list which transactions are mine. 🙈 I can’t provide anything else from Type A as I don’t work. But I could provide plenty of things from Type B plus other things proving that I’ve lived here for three years. I’ve emailed them but presuming it takes a while to get a response.
The requirement for what is now called type A has been around for two years and even before that era were listed as example proofs. Eyeballing ISD responses to proof gaps, especially type A, looks like they were reasonably lenient in 2022, and getting stricter (ie rejecting) in 2023 especially if applicants were not even submitting 2023 proof (having had a year to sort it out.) the assumption is this leniency is going to reduce again now applications are online and questions and documents have been streamlined.

The affidavit route appears to be increasingly intended for those who have no access to such documents - eg those who live in institutions (eg faith communities, high dependency care, state wards, military) or are escaping domestic violence. Where people could have accessed proof documents but just didn’t (ie they are typical adults) appears to be drying up as an acceptable affidavit route- but not explicitly closed. I suspect it will close in future years.

I’d submit as soon as possible with what you have. I’d also ensure you are now building bullet proof documents in case you have to re-apply. Note that even if they allow your current application but request additional documents it will be at the document standard at time of request (ie likely stricter). So you need to sort proof A even from now.

natasha_alena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by natasha_alena » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:10 pm
natasha_alena wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 pm

The requirement for what is now called type A has been around for two years and even before that era were listed as example proofs. Eyeballing ISD responses to proof gaps, especially type A, looks like they were reasonably lenient in 2022, and getting stricter (ie rejecting) in 2023 especially if applicants were not even submitting 2023 proof (having had a year to sort it out.) the assumption is this leniency is going to reduce again now applications are online and questions and documents have been streamlined.

The affidavit route appears to be increasingly intended for those who have no access to such documents - eg those who live in institutions (eg faith communities, high dependency care, state wards, military) or are escaping domestic violence. Where people could have accessed proof documents but just didn’t (ie they are typical adults) appears to be drying up as an acceptable affidavit route- but not explicitly closed. I suspect it will close in future years.

I’d submit as soon as possible with what you have. I’d also ensure you are now building bullet proof documents in case you have to re-apply. Note that even if they allow your current application but request additional documents it will be at the document standard at time of request (ie likely stricter). So you need to sort proof A even from now.
Thank you, that’s very helpful! And makes sense. We’ll change how we handle things from now, but submit asap anyway and hope for the best.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:24 pm

Vadrar wrote:

Hi Vadrar,

I have been looking at some of your comments and i am trying to sort out my documents now for future application. You made two predictions about the requirements change: 1. The affidavit system might be closed in future years. 2. Credit card statement might be taken off from Type B in future years. May i ask do you have any hint how many years it might be? Do you foreseen any other changes apart from that? From this year i try to keep utility bill and credit card and mobile bill (thats the best i can do), but i also get worried if i plan to submit the application in 2 years, will the requirement get changed again? I understand perhaps only the immigration officer could answer my questions, but i still like to consult if you have any predictions or suggestions, since you have given many useful answers and gained a lot respect from us.

Thank you
Dani

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:49 pm

Danini___ wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:24 pm
Vadrar wrote:

Hi Vadrar,

I have been looking at some of your comments and i am trying to sort out my documents now for future application. You made two predictions about the requirements change: 1. The affidavit system might be closed in future years. 2. Credit card statement might be taken off from Type B in future years. May i ask do you have any hint how many years it might be? Do you foreseen any other changes apart from that? From this year i try to keep utility bill and credit card and mobile bill (thats the best i can do), but i also get worried if i plan to submit the application in 2 years, will the requirement get changed again? I understand perhaps only the immigration officer could answer my questions, but i still like to consult if you have any predictions or suggestions, since you have given many useful answers and gained a lot respect from us.

Thank you
Dani
The utility bills, rent agreement, mortgage etc will never come off the list- they are the gold standard for documents. If you have utility bills you’ll be fine.

Realistically the affidavit will exist, but the assumption is that the list of acceptable uses will tighten up to genuinely unavoidable instances (not just ‘I leave all the utility bills to my spouse’.) people living in healthcare institutions, those who can’t have a bank account due to learning disabilities, those leaving domestic abuse etc will always have access.

I think their list of docs is nearing stability- they’ve experimented widely, cut it down and it’s now pretty tight. The list isn’t going to get much shorter I don’t believe, but I believe it will be more strictly interpreted.

I wouldn’t want to give a timeframe - I don’t have access to that information but also I don’t imagine the department has anywhere near enough of a grip on their process redesign to be able to reliably plan this type of change. My advice would be to move to always-reliable proofs as soon as possible, for a bunch of ID verification reasons, including naturalisation.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:33 am

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:49 pm

The utility bills, rent agreement, mortgage etc will never come off the list- they are the gold standard for documents. If you have utility bills you’ll be fine.

Realistically the affidavit will exist, but the assumption is that the list of acceptable uses will tighten up to genuinely unavoidable instances (not just ‘I leave all the utility bills to my spouse’.) people living in healthcare institutions, those who can’t have a bank account due to learning disabilities, those leaving domestic abuse etc will always have access.

I think their list of docs is nearing stability- they’ve experimented widely, cut it down and it’s now pretty tight. The list isn’t going to get much shorter I don’t believe, but I believe it will be more strictly interpreted.

I wouldn’t want to give a timeframe - I don’t have access to that information but also I don’t imagine the department has anywhere near enough of a grip on their process redesign to be able to reliably plan this type of change. My advice would be to move to always-reliable proofs as soon as possible, for a bunch of ID verification reasons, including naturalisation.
Thank you Vadrar!