ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alyo
Zambia

citizenship issue

Post by alyo » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:29 am

Hello my issue is a little complicated i will try to be very clear.

In January 2022 i became a UK citizen and my wife was on a refugee status with 2 years left.

In Febuary 2022 i applied for naturalisation for my 4 children, after 6 months they all got refused. I did an administrative review for the younger 2 children and they were ganted citizenship.

In April 2023 i applied for the other 2 for Admin review and is still pending.

My wife applied for ILR with my 2 children as her dependents she was granted and nothing has been mentioned regarding the 2 children. She has now applied for citizenship.

i am confused as to what their status is in the country , they only replied to my wife and not a mention of the 2 children. thank you

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: citizenship issue

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:35 am

Their application likely to be ongoing and under consideration, you can always contact the HO on FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and seek their views on the kids application.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: citizenship issue

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:38 am

If children have ILR they have status - once they are British citizens ILR will cease as no longer needed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.