ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than a year since citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

More than a year since citizenship application

Post by sequoia » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:00 pm

I applied in July 2022 for naturalisation after having ILR for more than a year. My application hasn't been processed yet. In Jan 2023 I received an email informing that the application cannot be processed within six months due to an "IT issue". I raised the issue with MP and nationality enquires over the last year. In Aug 2023 I was informed in response to a complaint that the "IT issue" has been resolved and my application is being processed. I enquired again by emailing in Nov 2023 and was informed the "IT issue" still exists. Has anyone else come across similar "IT issue"? Is there something else that can be done?

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: More than a year since citizenship application

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:11 pm

sequoia wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:00 pm
I applied in July 2022 for naturalisation after having ILR for more than a year. My application hasn't been processed yet. In Jan 2023 I received an email informing that the application cannot be processed within six months due to an "IT issue". I raised the issue with MP and nationality enquires over the last year. In Aug 2023 I was informed in response to a complaint that the "IT issue" has been resolved and my application is being processed. I enquired again by emailing in Nov 2023 and was informed the "IT issue" still exists. Has anyone else come across similar "IT issue"? Is there something else that can be done?
Must be very frustrating.
I have heard of IT issue when it comes to Biometrics. Did they elaborate on the issue?

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Post by sequoia » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:16 pm

Haven't elaborated on IT issue.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:09 pm

I would suggest emailing your MP again and raise it has now been almost a year and a half, with all impact this has had on you. Best of luck.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:45 am

I am in the same situation. Applied in August 2022. Biometrics taken in October 2022.
I was told in February 2023 that all is in order, but sometimes things take longer. In September I was told my biometrics were never taken. I sent proof that I had attended. Sopra Steria UKCVAS replied to my enquiry saying they had sent my biometrics in October 2023. In November 2023, Nationality Biometrics said they have 'chased' the issue and asked a 'senior' person to look into it. UKCVAS told me they have heard nothing from UKVI and there's nothing they can do. I have offered to have my biometrics taken again several times - each time I am told there is nothing to do but wait. I am at 16 months and very frustrated. I have sent two complains to UKVI, and never received a reply. My MP wrote in September and was also told there is an 'IT Issue' and no timeline for resolution. I'm at my wit's end!!!

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Post by sequoia » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:34 pm

tstrassberger wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:45 am
I am in the same situation. Applied in August 2022. Biometrics taken in October 2022.
I was told in February 2023 that all is in order, but sometimes things take longer. In September I was told my biometrics were never taken. I sent proof that I had attended. Sopra Steria UKCVAS replied to my enquiry saying they had sent my biometrics in October 2023. In November 2023, Nationality Biometrics said they have 'chased' the issue and asked a 'senior' person to look into it. UKCVAS told me they have heard nothing from UKVI and there's nothing they can do. I have offered to have my biometrics taken again several times - each time I am told there is nothing to do but wait. I am at 16 months and very frustrated. I have sent two complains to UKVI, and never received a reply. My MP wrote in September and was also told there is an 'IT Issue' and no timeline for resolution. I'm at my wit's end!!!
This is really frustrating. Going through the forums here, it seems like there are a few of us in similar situation. Have you come across any one who has been able to remedy this situation somehow?

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:57 am

i can understand your frustration as i have been just told abou this " IT issue" too after 5months, and funny that people are still getting their approvals even the ones that applied after me. It does not seem fair that we all pay same fee and yet some of us have to go through MPs and countless chasing emails to get results. And its not like few cases but i am seeing a lot of this happening on the forum. Fingers crossed and praying for you that it gets resolved but i would say keep chasing them every Friday so you get reply on Monday as you are way above the 6 months waiting period

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:16 pm

sequoia wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:34 pm
tstrassberger wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:45 am
This is really frustrating. Going through the forums here, it seems like there are a few of us in similar situation. Have you come across any one who has been able to remedy this situation somehow?
I haven’t seen anyone who has gotten out of this black hole. I have written several times saying I will go do biometrics again but they say there is nothing I can do but wait. It’s now 16 months.

BashirB
United Kingdom

Post by BashirB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:15 pm

I was in same boat. Mid July 2022 to Mid August 2022 mostly got this IT issue. I got mine after 13 months finally. Got the biometrics email atleast 4 times, but once I contacted HO, they always said its IT issue and no need to do again. Keep hope.

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Post by sequoia » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:40 pm

BashirB wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:15 pm
I was in same boat. Mid July 2022 to Mid August 2022 mostly got this IT issue. I got mine after 13 months finally. Got the biometrics email atleast 4 times, but once I contacted HO, they always said its IT issue and no need to do again. Keep hope.
Congratulations on getting out of this black hole! Any thing in particular that you did which you think might have helped?

BashirB
United Kingdom

Post by BashirB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:12 pm

Ask your MP to write Home Office a letter. It might not expedite it, but will atleast bring it on their radar.