ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permitted - Shortage OCC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Work Permitted - Shortage OCC

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:01 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

One of my very close friend running his grocery shop, he recruited one person on Insurance letter provided by the person, but he was'nt gave him his ARC card and said I was allowed work by home office and DWP issued this insurance letter with insurance number for work. He enrolled him on proper HMRC Payroll system. After few months he received letter from Home Office that this person was'nt allowed to work in the shop, they sent him £5000 penalty letter. He already fired that man for not providing ARC copy. Now he got his ARC copy from him.
My question is what he do now whereas he was not awair of his restricted work of Shortage OCC. He gave him job as humanitarian basis as a young man.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Attachments
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg (171.23 KiB) Viewed 1200 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permitted - Shortage OCC

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Your friend it at fault for not asking/getting proof of right to work (BRP/ARC card) and carrying out the mandatory checks all employers must do.

A NI letter from dwp is NOT proof of right to work.

He does need to pay the penalty. Ignorance unfortunately is not an excuse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:01 pm
He already fired that man for not providing ARC copy. Now he got his ARC copy from him.
Even ARC alone wouldn't be sufficient.
https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk/ ... /no/no/yes
You must also use the Home Office’s Employer Checking Service (ECS) to check the person’s right to work.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:13 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:01 pm
He already fired that man for not providing ARC copy. Now he got his ARC copy from him.
Even ARC alone wouldn't be sufficient.
https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk/ ... /no/no/yes
You must also use the Home Office’s Employer Checking Service (ECS) to check the person’s right to work.
Thank you so much.

Kind Regards