ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British neutralization update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xzeejay
Newly Registered
Sudan

British neutralization update

Post by Xzeejay » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, i applied for the citizenship on the 2nd of September, emailed last week for an update and this is the reply i got, can someone tell me what it means? Does it mean a caseworker to consider taking my case or a consideration of the decision of the neutralization?

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be aware that it can take anywhere up to six months to process an application from the date it was received. We received your application on the 02 September 2023. Your application is currently the caseworking team, awaiting consideration by a caseworker, you will be notified of the outcome in due course.

If you have any further queries relating to your application, please contact: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British neutralization update

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:54 pm

It's a standard email. The HO has a standard processing time of six months from the date the applicant submits biometrics. You applied in September, so you are well within the six months window - they won't provide updates to your application before the six months have elapsed, or have reached a decision, or if then need further evidence, whichever one happens first. It won't speed up your application to follow up before six months have elapsed.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.