ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with Visa extention, not sure what to do !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deltauk

Help needed with Visa extention, not sure what to do !

Post by deltauk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi there,

Please can some one point me towards right direction, i really need help! I have been living in the UK since 2003.

I am currently on International Graduate Scheme visa for one year, as i got this visa before the rules changed in July 2008.

My present visa runs out on 5th March 09. I need to apply for an extension in Feb 09, however i have just realised that under the new rules I need to have minimum of £800 balance in my bank account for last 3 months. However I have been heavily overdrawn since last three months.

I really dont know what to do now, as I am scared they might not extend my visa based on my funds! I am also not sure if the same criteria applies for extension?

Please let me know if anybody has any information as this is stressing me out!

Regards
Simar

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi,

Please can anyone help me?

Thanks

traveller1973
Newly Registered

Post by traveller1973 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 pm

An overdrawn account will equate to 0 points, I'm afraid. Sorry.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a reply, I am more confused now as on the website it says that you only need £800 balance (last 3 months) if you applying for a fresh application.

As this is an extention I only need £800 in my account the time of extention. My Visa is valid till 5th of March and will have £800 balance before i send my application.

Please, do you think if this is ok, your advice will put my mind on rest.

Once again many thanks for all your help.

Regards
D

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi did you get the Visa extension based on £800 balance. Share with us as this HO is extremely inconsistent.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed with Visa extention, not sure what to do !

Post by slugmeister » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:24 pm

This is an epitomizes why I think you need to plan 6 months - 1 year for the application of your visa. Everyone could learn a lesson here.

If your visa expires in March, I think January is way too start the process. It took me 4 months just to get all the documents I need. I was heavily overdrawn too, but because I planned in advance I was able to rectify the situation.

So now the question is, what does this person do?

Is it possible to ask your employer to sponsor you on a work permit?

Or

I don't know if this works, and it could be dodgy. I am not advising this, but just asking questions. Could you ask a family member to add your name to their bank account? (Presumably their account would have over 800 pounds in it)

Or

Could you go home and apply from outside the UK?

It seems that your options are fairly limited.

Best of luck to you. And for your next visa, plan in advance.
deltauk wrote:Hi there,

Please can some one point me towards right direction, i really need help! I have been living in the UK since 2003.

I am currently on International Graduate Scheme visa for one year, as i got this visa before the rules changed in July 2008.

My present visa runs out on 5th March 09. I need to apply for an extension in Feb 09, however i have just realised that under the new rules I need to have minimum of £800 balance in my bank account for last 3 months. However I have been heavily overdrawn since last three months.

I really dont know what to do now, as I am scared they might not extend my visa based on my funds! I am also not sure if the same criteria applies for extension?

Please let me know if anybody has any information as this is stressing me out!

Regards
Simar

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi,

I have been made aware that there is no way I can apply from UK and now have decided to leave few days before my visa expire.

I guess would have to wait till April or May to apply again so that I have enough money in my account.

Do you think this is the right thing to do now?

I am very confused and just need advice on which way to go..

Thanks
D

deltauk

hi

Post by deltauk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:30 pm

I cant get a work permit as even for that u need to show £800 minimum balance for last 3 months, plus you need to be on £20000 per annum minimum.

I was checking application forms and guidelines on Visa services, for the applicants applying outside UK on PSW. However all the information there is on Initial Applicants and nothing about 'Transitional Arrangements' or Extension'.

I am so stressed! Home Office people do not tend to give much info when u ring them!

Please someone help me.