ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa sample interview questions?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djsteele888
Newly Registered

settlement visa sample interview questions?

Post by djsteele888 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 am

Hi my wife will have her settlement visa interview next week.

We have prepared well using this forum so thanks to all.

I remember seeing a post of sample interview questions here... these were exhaustive and thought up by a contributor to this forum. I have tried repeated searches but have been unable to find the questions. Can someone please reply with the right link to the sample questions to help my wife prepare??

These would actually be useful if found in the FAQ section. Thanks in advance.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 am

Wouldn't the best advice just be to answer all the questions truthfully?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I wouldnt bother looking for those.Everybodys personal circumstances are different, therefore the questioning will be different for everybody.

My advice is that your wife gets to know as much about your personal circumstances, such as what work you do,how much you earn, where and whom you live with, your family details etc.

Also get your wife to look at the documents you sent with your application, as all the questions she will be asked would relate to you both only.

Also just like the above poster has stated, be honest with all the answers, if she doest know just simply say I dont know the answer. Honesty does pay off eventually

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

djsteele888
Newly Registered

interview success!! THANK YOU !

Post by djsteele888 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks to all for the advice and direction.

My wife had her interview and was granted her visa on the same day :D

We spent a long time preparing and researching for her application using websites like this forum and it was all worth it. The interview turned out to be straightforward and a formality.

Now we are booking flights for her to enter the UK next month and I am unable to find enough information as to what is expected at the UK border...? I have posted this new question here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34462

Thanks again. :)

ObamaBinLaden
Newly Registered

Post by ObamaBinLaden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 am

send it by mail. no questions asked.

asma
Newly Registered

pls help

Post by asma » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 am

SALAAM...
i hv submitted my paperS for visa(EEA FIANCE SETTLEMENT VISA).i may woulD be called for an interview.if it happens so can anyone please guide me what kind of interveiw it would be or what would be the questions that would be asked generally..
thanx.

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Why would they call you for an interview and how would you know they would call you for an interview?