ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

submitting Tier 1 on 13th Jan VFS Bangalore - few questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rutha
Newly Registered

submitting Tier 1 on 13th Jan VFS Bangalore - few questions

Post by rutha » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 am

Dear friends,

I have compiled all the papers for the Tier 1. Having 3 questions for clarifications.

1. in the application form, they have asked for expected start date. what ~ date we have to mention? I have mentioned 1st of May 2009, which includes job search time. also my current job is going very good. Is it OK that i have given 1st of May 2009.. any advise please?

2. I got the letter from ICICI, they didn't agree to specify three months of fund maintenance in the bank letter. but have attaced last 6 months statement with the seal and signature.

3. For the HR contacts, as I am in a very high designatin, I do not want to inform the HR about the immigration. Can I specify that in the cover letter.

Wish me luck for the 13t Jan.

Many thanks friends,
Rutha

push
United Kingdom

Re: submitting Tier 1 on 13th Jan VFS Bangalore - few questi

Post by push » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 am

rutha wrote:1. in the application form, they have asked for expected start date. what ~ date we have to mention? I have mentioned 1st of May 2009, which includes job search time. also my current job is going very good. Is it OK that i have given 1st of May 2009.. any advise please?
You may specify the date however I suspect they would post date the VISA to more than 3 months.
rutha wrote:2. I got the letter from ICICI, they didn't agree to specify three months of fund maintenance in the bank letter. but have attaced last 6 months statement with the seal and signature.
Should be fine if the statements are either original (ones you receive monthly) or are on their official letterhead, signed and stamped.
rutha wrote:3. For the HR contacts, as I am in a very high designatin, I do not want to inform the HR about the immigration. Can I specify that in the cover letter.
You cant get away with that. Provide details of a person who can confirm your details like salary designation etc. if contacted by BHC.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jhonny
Newly Registered

Post by jhonny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Rutha, I want to correct you at few places. I'm also applying on Monday, 12th a day before you. If you want you can come along with me.

1) I mentioned start of date as 15th march and you can easily mention upto 15th april. Your visa stamp start date will be the same. But it shouldn't be too far from date of applying, because your application can get a backlog because you don't intend to fly soon. Also, it's not mandatory that you have to fly on the date you told them. I have seen many flying 3-4 months after their visa date.

2) I don't think you can get visa without maintenance letter. I have got the letter from ICICI itself from the branch next to Bangalore Central. Also, the internet statements or statements with just sign and seal don't work.

There is a special bank stationary paper with ICICI logo on it (do matrix paper with holes on 2 sides) and on that sign and seal is required on every page. You can go the branch and meet the Branch Operations Manager, he sits on corner table from your left. Not the Branch Manager, meet branch operations manager. I got it done on 7th. You can refer my name (Har-pal) and tell I got it done few days back.

3) For office enquiry, they never write to company that you have applied for Tier1 or something. Even if you don't tell them, the enquiry will come in form of email and phone. Though, you can mention name of some HR person whom you think ca handle it well.

Otherwise, if HR asks you tell them you applied for family visa for travel and my salary enquiry will come as parents are shown as dependents. I'm also in similar fix being a Manager in IT company.

Good luck anyways.
rutha wrote:Dear friends,

I have compiled all the papers for the Tier 1. Having 3 questions for clarifications.

1. in the application form, they have asked for expected start date. what ~ date we have to mention? I have mentioned 1st of May 2009, which includes job search time. also my current job is going very good. Is it OK that i have given 1st of May 2009.. any advise please?

2. I got the letter from ICICI, they didn't agree to specify three months of fund maintenance in the bank letter. but have attaced last 6 months statement with the seal and signature.

3. For the HR contacts, as I am in a very high designatin, I do not want to inform the HR about the immigration. Can I specify that in the cover letter.

Wish me luck for the 13t Jan.

Many thanks friends,
Rutha

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 pm

jhonny wrote: 1) I mentioned start of date as 15th march and you can easily mention upto 15th april. Your visa stamp start date will be the same. But it shouldn't be too far from date of applying, because your application can get a backlog because you don't intend to fly soon. Also, it's not mandatory that you have to fly on the date you told them. I have seen many flying 3-4 months after their visa date.
If you fly after 4/5 months of your VISA approval date you will have to apply for additional extension when it comes to ILR.
jhonny wrote:2) I don't think you can get visa without maintenance letter.
Thats not true. Please see below from UKBA website:
The documents are:
Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period required.
jhonny wrote:3) For office enquiry, they never write to company that you have applied for Tier1 or something.
What do you think they will say they are calling from and for?
regards,
push

rutha
Newly Registered

Post by rutha » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 am

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have got the appointment on the 13th Jan, hence I can't prepone it. also on the 12th I have too many meetings :-). Thanks a lot Jhonny for your support. I will keep you updated.

Even I think the maintenance letter is not MUST. as I got the letter from the bank, and the statements from them on the matrix paper with sign and seal should work. I was talking with the operations manager only, even after 1 hour of talk it didn't work, and she said that they use to issue letters like this for UK visa (ofcourse she didn't specify tier 1) and never faced with questions.
(but I am still concerned about the same)

Thanks a lot again,

Rutha

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 am

rutha wrote:Hi all,

Even I think the maintenance letter is not MUST.
(but I am still concerned about the same)
Rutha
You seem to be contradicting yourself. Go by what the guidance note and you will feel a bit relieved.
regards,
push

jhonny
Newly Registered

Post by jhonny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I warn you Rutha, Bank must give in written you have minimum balance of Rs.xxx for 3-months period. If you think you show the statements only and it will do, thats absolutely wrong. The letter along with statements if required to prove statements are authentic.

If this couldn't be the case, there shouldn't be 2 separate rows in Appendix 1 form, one asking for Bank Statements and other maintenance letter. For sure, send me your email. I wish your case doesn't fail without maintenance letter but in case something bad happens, I want to know that.

Anyways, I applied today successfully and best of luck to you. I want as many Indians in Britian as possible. :)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:58 pm

jhonny wrote:I warn you Rutha, Bank must give in written you have minimum balance of Rs.xxx for 3-months period. If you think you show the statements only and it will do, thats absolutely wrong. The letter along with statements if required to prove statements are authentic.

I want as many Indians in Britian as possible. :)
Oh boy, you seem to think that some conspiracy to keep Indians away is being hatched here.

Can you please cite references to the guidance note to susbtantiate your claim? :!:
regards,
push