ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British born Children name in renunciation form

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Huelinsta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British born Children name in renunciation form

Post by Huelinsta » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:02 pm

Hello, I just got biritsh passport through naturalisation and I was filling form for renunciation, it has a section about childrens, I filled the form and added my child's detail (Was born british has british passport through my wife) and I have added his details as british national , now when the form is completed it shows under

"Name and full particulars of minor children who are Citizens of India, if any:" then my child's detail should I refil the form and keep child details empty ?

also I made a mistake in section "The circumstances in which/reasons due to which applicant intends to acquire foreign citizenship and renounce Indian citizenship" I wrote "CITIZENSHIP GRANTED THROUGH NATURALISATION APPLICATION AFTER OCI" instead of after ILR. will this cause issues ? please any help.

learner1947
Mood:
India

Re: British born Children name in renunciation form

Post by learner1947 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:34 pm

I would just fill another form just to be safe, they can reject your application for tiniest of the mistake (if they like).

monza

Post by monza » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:59 pm

Hi what was the answer, ? I have the same problem, when I fill the form it was asking my son's details but when the form was submitted I got pdf saying ".Name and full particulars of minor children who are Citizens of India. but he is British. My son is British and his father is British. My son never had an Indian passport. but he has OCI.

Also, I mentioned "The circumstances in which/reasons due to which applicant intends to acquire foreign citizenship and renounce Indian citizenship"
ACQUIRED BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION

Please let me know what is the correct answer.

VA2011
Newly Registered

Post by VA2011 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue with Minor child born in uk and and with british citizenship. SHould we choose MInor children as NO?

Thanks,
Vivek