ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

Ferozghani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR Renewal

Post by Ferozghani » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:59 am

Hi guys just needed free good advise.
I got my ilr on the basis of long residence means 10 years continuous living. Now my ilr is going to expire at the end of January 2025. My ilr has not lapsed but I have extensive absences from the UK but never have lived for more than two years outside the UK but have lived for a year and in some cases even more than that but under the rules and secondly just have kept intact my tax returns with hmrc for record as a self employed. It's the only card which expired not the status but do I really need to provide every year bank statement or council or bill etc as I believe renewal of biometric permit or the driving license must not be a different things. Will the old inn and out stamps and the old biometric along with driving license with proof of address and the ilr grant letter would sufficient to get my card renewal as I believe when we apply to get the ilr should be the requirements of these documents. Would appreciate your helping replies in this regard.

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR Renewal

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:10 pm

You know it'll be digital by then, right?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ferozghani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ferozghani » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:13 am

meself2 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:10 pm
You know it'll be digital by then, right?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.
Thanks but what do u personally think would it be easier then and those whose brp has completed ten years like mine would still in need to provide continuous living in the UK. Is it gonna be okay for the people with ilr. Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:50 am

Without detailed guidance as to how it will work and whether there'll still be need to renew your "electronic BRP" we can't give an opionion. Suffice to say the Home Office makes changes to suit themselves, not to make life of immigrants easier, so my personal opinion is there will be some kind of streamlining however HO will use this opportunity to improve the tracking of immigrants, bearing in mind the current political focus on legal migration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.