ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i switch from Tier 2 dependant visa to a owner of Tier 2 visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globelly
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Can i switch from Tier 2 dependant visa to a owner of Tier 2 visa?

Post by globelly » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:36 pm

Please I would like clarification on the below.

I am a dependant on a skilled worker visa and I have been on the visa for 2 years now. Currently, I have gotten a company that wants to sponsor me via skilled worker.

My concern is, if I change to skilled worker visa now, will the years I have spent as dependants under my spouse visa count toward the 5 years indefinite leave to remain? And, with my spouse joining my skilled worker visa as a dependant now- will his previous 2years we have all spent on his visa count towards the continuous of 5years before applying for the indefinite leave to remain OR we all need to start counting afresh since he is changing to my skilled visa and this is my first skilled worker visa?

I will appreciate any idea on this if anyone has done this before.

Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Can i switch from Tier 2 dependant visa to a owner of Tier 2 visa?

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:03 pm

You can change, but both of you will reset your ILR clock when you switch and your 5 years will start again.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.