ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsidering tourist visa application after complaint

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Reconsidering tourist visa application after complaint

Post by Jaskki » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:06 pm

I made a complaint as i felt the refusal reasons were generic and the case officer had not looked through the documents properly.

I received a response that the complaint had been upheld and the application will be reconsidered. They also mentioned they will try do so as soon as possible but can't give a timeframe.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and how long did it take to respond? It's been 3 weeks now and I'm thinking that i need to have a cut off point and then think about reapplying instead. I sent an enquiry to ukvi but their response was not helpful, as expected.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reconsidering tourist visa application after complaint

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:57 pm

Who applied for the visitor visa? Your father??

What exactly were the reasons for refusal?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jaskki » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Yes my father.

They said that he didn't show evidence for his additional income but he did. They overlooked the documents

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:23 am

If it is accepted for reconsideration as you stated above, chances of overturnung refusal and granting are there.
May not take too long, Use the search function of the forum.

CStone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CStone » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:52 pm

Jaskki wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:06 pm
I made a complaint as i felt the refusal reasons were generic and the case officer had not looked through the documents properly.

I received a response that the complaint had been upheld and the application will be reconsidered. They also mentioned they will try do so as soon as possible but can't give a timeframe.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and how long did it take to respond? It's been 3 weeks now and I'm thinking that i need to have a cut off point and then think about reapplying instead. I sent an enquiry to ukvi but their response was not helpful, as expected.
Congratulation
Mind sharing how this complaint was raised or what channel was used.

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jaskki » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 pm

CStone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CStone » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:44 pm

Jaskki wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 pm
I used this

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Thank you

amitdeol1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by amitdeol1 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:17 pm

Which option you have selected to complaint?

Something else?

CStone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CStone » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:41 pm

Jaskki wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 pm
I used this

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Complaint upheld waiting on reconsideration thank you 🙏🏿

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jaskki » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:27 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you. Yes that was the option. Great news. I am still waiting unfortunately

zoyya khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zoyya khan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:20 pm

Jaskki wrote:

Did you thought of doing PAP?

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jaskki » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:09 pm

zoyya khan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:20 pm
Jaskki wrote:

Did you thought of doing PAP?
I thought this would be quicker. Didn't think i would still be waiting.

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jaskki » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Update:

I put in a further complaint as i had been waiting a few weeks with no further response. I received a response to my second complaint:

We are continuing to investigate the matters you raise, and therefore we are unable to provide you with a substantive reply. We will contact you as soon as we are able to do so.

Please accept my apologies for this

Will anything force their hand to hurry up? I.e. threaten them with PAP, MP complaint etc?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 pm

Jaskki wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm
Update:

I put in a further complaint as i had been waiting a few weeks with no further response. I received a response to my second complaint:

We are continuing to investigate the matters you raise, and therefore we are unable to provide you with a substantive reply. We will contact you as soon as we are able to do so.

Please accept my apologies for this

Will anything force their hand to hurry up? I.e. threaten them with PAP, MP complaint etc?
The response indicate action is being taken already, further steps from you may change nothing.