ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP date - Switching from ICT to Tier 2 in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DKV
India

BRP date - Switching from ICT to Tier 2 in the UK

Post by DKV » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Asking for a friend.

My friend was on ICT and currently is serving his notice period. He has been offered a new job with sponsorship in the UK.

His new employer has offered him Skilled sponsorship and issued a COS date in second week of March 2024 and start date of his new employment is 22/March/2024.

They have filed his visa application this month and my friend has got his new BRPs dated 17th of December 2023 (Date of issue) however he is still serving notice period with last ICT employer.

My question is, can he work for his old employer to serve his notice period? He did a work right check on UKVI website with his old BRP and it says invalid and new BRP says work allowed until 2027.

Thanks,
DKV

meself2
Ireland

Re: BRP date - Switching from ICT to Tier 2 in the UK

Post by meself2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:59 pm

This is confusing.
DKV wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:09 pm
They have filed his visa application this month and my friend has got his new BRPs dated 17th of December 2023 (Date of issue)
Visa application for the Skilled Worker Visa or ICT?

How is your friend expecting to be in the country and not work for 3 months, since job only starts in late March?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:16 pm

Hi meself,

Sorry if have confused you.

New employer has filed skilled worker visa in December although his start date is in March 2024.

Meanwhile my friend was planning to work his notice period with old employer until March. Now with his BRPs arriving, he is confused whether he should work his notice period with his old employer.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:49 pm

What is or was the ict visa expiry date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi CR001,

ICT was set to expire in August 2024.

Thanks,
DKV