ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa for In Laws

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pringles
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Visit Visa for In Laws

Post by Pringles » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi all,

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

My Father in law and mother in law have been to the UK before on a 6 months visit visa from India. Mother in law is unemployed but earns rental income and agriculture income (has a tax return for annual income of £3500). Father in law is self employed and works on government civil contracts and also earns agriculture income (has a tax return for annual income of £4500). They have savings of £3000 and £5500 in their accounts.

I have few questions about visit visa for my in laws. Grateful for your steer.

a) Should I mention they are visiting their daughter after her pregnancy? Or leave it as just visiting family.

b) In their first visa application they said they will be visiting the UK for 2 weeks. However, they stayed for 6 weeks. Should I mention this in the cover letter and mention they stayed more than initial plans due to additional tourism? Or leave it out?

I am sponsoring their trip and will include appropriate documentations. However, I understand they need to show their own financials.

c) Father in laws's bank statements of seven months show total incomings of £39800 and total outgoings of £36400. This averages to £5200 spend per month and £5600 income per month. What do I answer for the question, "What is the total amount of money you spend each month?" Would it be £5200 or something more accurate that's £500 (ignoring all the cash deposits ins and outs)?

d) FIL uses the personal account for business too, and has a lot of cash transactions and withdrawals. Resulting in such high monthly averages! Should I provide an explanation of each such transaction (over 20) in the cover letter?

e) Similarly, mother in law's bank statements of seven months show total incomings of £28000 and total outgoings of £30000. This averages to £4000 spend per month and £4280 income per month. What do I answer for the question, "What is the total amount of money you spend each month?" Would it be £4000 or something more accurate that's £300 (ignoring all the cash deposits ins and outs)?

f) My FIL uses my MIL's account at times to withdraw for business and cash in deposits. Should I mention this in the cover letter too? And at what detail?

If others were in similar situation, grateful for any pointers and templates on how to make the best case to avoid rejection on financials.

Thank you for reading.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visit Visa for In Laws

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:57 am

Pringles wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:06 pm
Hi all,

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

My Father in law and mother in law have been to the UK before on a 6 months visit visa from India.How long ago was this? Mother in law is unemployed but earns rental income and agriculture income (has a tax return for annual income of £3500). Father in law is self employed and works on government civil contracts and also earns agriculture income (has a tax return for annual income of £4500). They have savings of £3000 and £5500 in their accounts. Decent amount

I have few questions about visit visa for my in laws. Grateful for your steer.

a) Should I mention they are visiting their daughter after her pregnancy? Or leave it as just visiting family. You could say that they're coming to meet their grandchild or you could just leave it out. Makes no difference.

b) In their first visa application they said they will be visiting the UK for 2 weeks. However, they stayed for 6 weeks. Should I mention this in the cover letter and mention they stayed more than initial plans due to additional tourism? Or leave it out? No need for a cover letter stating that. Travel plans change and it's well within their limits.

I am sponsoring their trip and will include appropriate documentations. However, I understand they need to show their own financials. If they have yes.There have been cases where where the UK child (family) takes up the full sponsorship as well and visa was issued.

c) Father in laws's bank statements of seven months show total incomings of £39800 and total outgoings of £36400. This averages to £5200 spend per month and £5600 income per month. What do I answer for the question, "What is the total amount of money you spend each month?" Would it be £5200 or something more accurate that's £500 (ignoring all the cash deposits ins and outs)? I believe the question is "what you spend on living cost". Surely he doesn't spend that much on living cost. Explain what he spends on living cost and where the rest of the funds get used on.

d) FIL uses the personal account for business too, and has a lot of cash transactions and withdrawals. Resulting in such high monthly averages! Should I provide an explanation of each such transaction (over 20) in the cover letter? Absolutely

e) Similarly, mother in law's bank statements of seven months show total incomings of £28000 and total outgoings of £30000. This averages to £4000 spend per month and £4280 income per month. What do I answer for the question, "What is the total amount of money you spend each month?" Would it be £4000 or something more accurate that's £300 (ignoring all the cash deposits ins and outs)? Same as above. Try and revert to what was said in the previous visa application. That always helps and keeps things tidy and consistent.

f) My FIL uses my MIL's account at times to withdraw for business and cash in deposits. Should I mention this in the cover letter too? And at what detail?

If others were in similar situation, grateful for any pointers and templates on how to make the best case to avoid rejection on financials. If last visa issued wasn't too long ago. Extra scrutiny isn't always given to a visa renewal.

Thank you for reading.
Break a leg.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 am

Saying your in laws want to meet their grandchildren is a good thing IMHO. Why wouldn't they, and why wouldn't they want to see where they live and the life the family leads in the UK? However, DO NOT say they are coming to provide any kind of child care, i.e. baby sitting when the mother goes to work, or the visa will be refused, since the HO will say she is coming to do work. So, reason for visit, see the grandchildren/ children, go to Buckingham Palace etc. A nice holiday.

Stupid as that sounds, it has happened to people on the board, and once you have said that, the HO will always refuse a visa, since any changes you make to future applications will not overcome that objection. Unpaid work.

Demonstrate very strong ties to their country, reasons they will return and reasons they would not want to abscond in UK. Perhaps other children in their country, property and demonstrate they have the money to look after the whole trip. I don't think the HO cares if you say you will support them or not, it's if they can support themselves.

Pringles
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pringles » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:45 pm

Thank you both, will follow as advised.