ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a young adult use the online form?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chee
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can a young adult use the online form?

Post by Chee » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:07 pm

Hi, I’m asking for a friend of mine. She should be able eligible to apply for Irish citizenship as a young adult. She’s now trying to fill in the online form but she said it doesn’t know if this is the correct form to fill in as it doesn’t mention young adults. I’ve googled a bit for her and it looks like a new online form for young adults is on the way, and as I understand, it asks young adults applicants to use the form 11 for now. Am I right? Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Can a young adult use the online form?

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:10 pm

Chee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:07 pm
I’ve googled a bit for her and it looks like a new online form for young adults is on the way, and as I understand, it asks young adults applicants to use the form 11 for now. Am I right? Thank you.
Where did you find that?

Young adults usually apply via Form 8 - they're legally an adult. Form 11 is for minors (under 18).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:12 pm

Chee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:07 pm
Hi, I’m asking for a friend of mine. She should be able eligible to apply for Irish citizenship as a young adult. She’s now trying to fill in the online form but she said it doesn’t know if this is the correct form to fill in as it doesn’t mention young adults. I’ve googled a bit for her and it looks like a new online form for young adults is on the way, and as I understand, it asks young adults applicants to use the form 11 for now. Am I right? Thank you.
Under 'Select a category of application' the first drop down option titled is 'Application by a person of full age including young adult' . That option then brings up a link to document list that sets out the documents required by young adults. Where is she looking that she isn't finding multiple references to young adults?

Chee
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chee » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 pm

“Criteria for applying as a dependant young adult
You may apply for citizenship as a dependant young adult if you meet the eligibility requirements for an adult application and you:
Are aged 18-23 when you apply
Entered the State legally as part of a family unit
Are currently attending secondary school in the State, or you went directly from secondary school into third level education in the State
Are continuously dependent on your parents, you are not financially independent.
Application form
Work is ongoing for the development of an online form for Minor applications (Form 11). Once this is complete a digital option will be made available. Until then please use the paper based process outlined below.”

Sorry maybe I misunderstood it.

Thank you very much. I forwarded the information to her.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 pm

Chee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 pm
You may apply for citizenship as a dependant young adult if you meet the eligibility requirements for an adult application and you:
Are currently attending secondary school in the State, or you went directly from secondary school into third level education in the State
Are continuously dependent on your parents, you are not financially independent.
Application form
Work is ongoing for the development of an online form for Minor applications (Form 11). Once this is complete a digital option will be made available. Until then please use the paper based process outlined below.”

Yes, what used to be Form 11 (now just called Minor applications) is already online - but that isn't relevant for her if she is over 18. References to form numbers is nearly all outdated now (because the forms are online and selected by name not number) - but there are a lot of references that haven't been cleaned up even on the government sites.

She should start an online account at https://inisonline.jahs.ie/home and she will be guided through it by the prompts and drop downs in the form itself.

Chee
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chee » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:03 pm

Thanks meself2 and Vadrar for your helps; much appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:07 pm

Chee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 pm
Application form

You did, I'm afraid.

Minor Applications (form 11) is mentioned here as they took their time putting it online; the rest of applications are not liked here, but on portal instead.

The "Application form" in the part you quoted (in bold) is just separating text for adult applications from minor applications; at the top of previous paragraph (taht you quoted partly) there is "Citizenship applications can now be made online, please click here to begin your citizenship application.".
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.