ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Applying for B2 visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

braveheart
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for B2 visa

Post by braveheart » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question here regarding for B2 visa. I have been refused before that was year 2007 and im still holding an flr at that time. I showed them all the papers all they needed but sadly they just refused me for reason that i dont have strong ties of this country.

Do you think guys i am holding a good chance now if i will give a try to apply B2 visa this time? the fact that i am holding a permanent residency here? I have a job so my husband and i can provide with all the documents they need.

I hope they will be on my side this time as im desperate to see them.
Your opinion is much appreciated...

Thank you
Last edited by braveheart on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 am

I'm surprised that you were denied the first time round.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 pm

The ILR should be helpful, also other ties like real estate property, a job, relatives, as much as you can come up with in terms of "proof" that you will go back after your visit. It also helps to limit your visit to less than a month

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:06 pm

jinosbrovens wrote:Actually I was on student visa and have got post study visa for two years after successful completion of my degree. Infact I am planing holidays with my British friends to visit New york & Florida in summer this year.Do I need to book fully paid holidays before applying for B2 visa as I have to show the accommodation arrangement as well as my holiday plan to get a visa.
You should not book any holidays until after you have the visa in your hand. The embassy itself discourages people from making travel arrangements before obtaining a visitor visa. There's always a danger that the visa might be denied, or not granted in time.