ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undefined CoS delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majith87
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Undefined CoS delay

Post by majith87 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:05 am

My employer has applied for Undefined CoS allocation request on December 14, 2023. And still we haven't received any allocations yet. I understand as I have been reading from various sources that it usually takes upto 18 weeks or try to priority service (which the moment not an option).

BTW, my BRP expires on February 16, 2024. I am really panicking. What I should do? My joining with new employer is 5th February. Do the CoS can be allocated before this date? And what if really takes too long, can I apply visa without CoS explaining officer that I am CoS currently in process?.

majith87
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Undefined CoS delay

Post by majith87 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:01 am

majith87 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:05 am
My employer has applied for Undefined CoS allocation request on December 14, 2023. And still we haven't received any allocations yet. I understand as I have been reading from various sources that it usually takes upto 18 weeks or try to priority service (which the moment not an option).

BTW, my BRP expires on February 16, 2024. I am really panicking. What I should do? My joining with new employer is 5th February. Do the CoS can be allocated before this date? And what if really takes too long, can I apply visa without CoS explaining officer that I am CoS currently in process?.
Anyhow have answers please, it's urgent....

Daraekong
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Daraekong » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:10 am

My employer applied for an undefined cos for me since 14th of December 2023 with priority service paid for, till now the cos has not been allocated by the home office and my visa expires on the 22nd of January, 2024. My employer advised I should go ahead and apply for my visa but I discovered that I cannot go past the point in which the cos reference number is required. Please what can I do because I'm panicking right now.

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:52 am

As I know and informed by,

You have to send an email to postlicencepriorityservice@homeoffice.gov.uk at 9:00 AM every morning and they will tell you if your case is selected for priority action or not as they process only 60 requests a day.

Once your case is picked up they will send you a payment link within 72 hrs to pay £200 and then within the next day issue cos.

In my case;
my employer applied for a priority undefined cos request via email at exactly 9:00 AM, and got response that case was picked up by 2:00 PM the same day and another email for payment; they paid ASAP and got the cos on same day on SMS portal.

read here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sing-times

Pchuks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pchuks » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:26 pm

Please when(what month) did your employer use the priority service and get response? Was it recently My employer claims they've been using it since.december without any response

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:50 am

Pchuks wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:26 pm
Please when(what month) did your employer use the priority service and get response? Was it recently My employer claims they've been using it since.december without any response It's possible
The month does not matter. There is a time at which this is done. Loads of organisations do so daily and only few are selected, so employer has to keep on it till selected/accepted.

Waky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Waky » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:22 pm

majith87 wrote:

Have you gotten a response yet? I am in the same situation. I have been waiting for cos for weeks now and my brp expires 30th January. I don’t know what to do next

Pchuks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pchuks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Kman12 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:52 am
As I know and informed by,

You have to send an email to postlicencepriorityservice@homeoffice.gov.uk at 9:00 AM every morning and they will tell you if your case is selected for priority action or not as they process only 60 requests a day.

Once your case is picked up they will send you a payment link within 72 hrs to pay £200 and then within the next day issue cos.

In my case;
my employer applied for a priority undefined cos request via email at exactly 9:00 AM, and got response that case was picked up by 2:00 PM the same day and another email for payment; they paid ASAP and got the cos on same day on SMS portal.

read here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sing-times
Hi kman
Please was this recent?
My organisation is almost giving up as they claim they've been trying the priority request since December. Have just 2weeks left on my visa.

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:17 am

Yes, mate.

My company requested undefined COS the last month around 12/12/2023 and got in portal on 13/12/2023.

They need to send an email at 9:00 AM sharp. If they do not receive a response on the same day then send an email on the next day for the same request. They process only 60 requests in a day which are received from 9:00AM to 5:00PM FCFS basis.

Poornisharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Poornisharma » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:54 pm

Hi Pchuks, Waky, Daraekong, Majith - Please suggest if your HR was able to get Priority slot for Undefined COS. I am in similar situation and your experience will help here. What options we have if we do not get COS before visa expiry

Heather_2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Heather_2024 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:15 pm

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use this priority service for applicants outside the UK?

Poornisharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Poornisharma » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 pm

Not available for defined Cos that is outside uk

abdul2110
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abdul2110 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:17 pm

majith87 wrote:

What happened ? To your situation

abdul2110
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abdul2110 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 pm

Poornisharma wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:54 pm
Hi Pchuks, Waky, Daraekong, Majith - Please suggest if your HR was able to get Priority slot for Undefined COS. I am in similar situation and your experience will help here. What options we have if we do not get COS before visa expiry
Any update ?

Iflina
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Iflina » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:24 pm

Guys, please any update on your Undefined COS priority application? My visa is running out on the 27th of this month and my priority request has still not been accepted. This is extremely nerve racking. Kindly share tips and advice with me please.