ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension with LTD company problem with form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MACY
Pakistan

Spouse Visa Extension with LTD company problem with form

Post by MACY » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:17 pm

hi, I am applying for my wife's visa extension i need to submit application today or tomorrow. I am ltd company director and there is a question on the form under financial requirement section,

What was the income (in GBP) from self-employment in the last financial year?
(Required)Amount
This is the income (i.e. profit), not turnover. Please provide the figure before tax and National insurance deductions. Get the figures from either form SA302 or SA300.

this question is for Sole-traders not company directors as SA300 and SA302 are not issued to Ltd company directors. i can not skip this question as its mandatory to answer this. what am i suppose to do? i am using my payslips and dividends to prove the income. I will highly appreciate if you could help with this. thanks in advance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Spouse Visa Extension with LTD company problem with form

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 pm

Being a director, even of your “own” company is not technically self employed. You are employed by the legal entity that is the limited company, so there are different ways of achieving an income. If you treat yourself as an employee and use the PAYE system to pay yourself a salary then you don’t state you are self employed and progress as if you are a standard employee using the payslips and bank statements to prove your income.

If you are relying on income from dividends to meet the salary requirements, then that adds a different dimension.