ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation eligibility for minors of British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashishpandey22
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation eligibility for minors of British Citizen

Post by Ashishpandey22 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:30 pm

We came to the country on ICT visa in Nov’15 and then moved to Tier-1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Aug’19. I had applied for ILR and subsequently citizenship , as a result of which have received by British Passport today.

Both my kids and mrs have been in UK since Nov’ 15 ( 2 yrs on ICT dependent and since Aug’19, they are on the T-1 Exceptional Dependent visa. So just wanted to check whether I can apply directly for my kids naturalisation now itself, or do I need for the Mrs and kids to get ILR first which we will apply in July’24. Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation eligibility for minors of British Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:33 pm

Ashishpandey22 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:30 pm
I can apply directly for my kids naturalisation now itself, or do I need for the Mrs and kids to get ILR first which we will apply in July’24.
ILR required for children in-line with the second parent, if the children were born outside the UK.

After both second parent and children have got ILR, the children can be registered as British citizens.

If children born in the UK, they can be registered as British citizens now.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Ashishpandey22
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashishpandey22 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:36 pm

Interesting, as a friend I spoke with today didn’t apply for ILR for his kid and directly went for naturalisation. And it was approved. The child was born in India.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:41 pm

You can give it a shot. It's your money at risk. You don't get a refund if the registration is refused.

There are many unknowns to your friend's story. For how long have they been in the UK? Was there a second parent or was your friend with sole responsibility? Did the second parent have ILR? etc.

When did your friend's child's registration occur? Rules and implementation may have changes since then.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.