ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending or switching to a partner route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keith12
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension

Post by Keith12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone
.My Wife and Son's visa is expiring in january and im in process of applying for  her second extension  (5 year route spouse visa) before i start doing her application , i need to know few thing. 1 , which Online Application do i need to fill in. 
2. Do i need to provide 1 year payslips or few payslips are enough.
3Suppose if im applying her visa before 28 day of her visa run out ( like 20th Dec 2023 )can still submit december month payslip.
4. Wife passport is expiring in 5 months time, thats going to be a problem?
5 what document i need to submit along with her application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:34 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:00 pm
Hi Everyone
.My Wife and Son's visa is expiring in january and im in process of applying for  her second extension  (5 year route spouse visa) before i start doing her application , i need to know few thing. 1 , which Online Application do i need to fill in. 

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

2. Do i need to provide 1 year payslips or few payslips are enough. Last 6months

3Suppose if im applying her visa before 28 day of her visa run out ( like 20th Dec 2023 )can still submit december month payslip. Submit for the qualifying period of 6months
4. Wife passport is expiring in 5 months time, thats going to be a problem? No
5 what document i need to submit along with her application. See the link above first

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Thank you for your valuable Advice Guru.1.im applying for my wife and son extension visa under 5 years route so which online application do i need to fill in ( if im not wrong is that FLR (M). what document i need to submit for my Son, ( 7 year).
Can i book biometric appointment after visa expire.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:26 pm

Hi Guys , im silent follower on this site , lots of people get help from senior members regarding their immigration issues, onething bothering me, if any1 shed light on it please.
Firstly, How do i know my spouse and son are on which family route ( 10 year or 5 year ).Secondly , I applied for spouse dependent visa for wife and son , it had been grant leave from 14 july 21, now they visa is running out in 13 Jan 24, , i have been reading lots of threads ,been applying 28 day before you visa expires, so in my case when should i apply for their extension of visa ( earliest)  so that i will not have any problem applying for ILR for them, thirdly. How do i count months 2 and hald year is it from the day you submit your application or the time you have been granted visa ( extension)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:48 am

Keith12 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:26 pm
Hi Guys , im silent follower on this site , lots of people get help from senior members regarding their immigration issues, onething bothering me, if any1 shed light on it please.
Firstly, How do i know my spouse and son are on which family route ( 10 year or 5 year ).Secondly , I applied for spouse dependent visa for wife and son , it had been grant leave from 14 july 21, now they visa is running out in 13 Jan 24, , i have been reading lots of threads ,been applying 28 day before you visa expires, so in my case when should i apply for their extension of visa ( earliest)  so that i will not have any problem applying for ILR for them, thirdly. How do i count months 2 and hald year is it from the day you submit your application or the time you have been granted visa ( extension)
What is written on her visa vignette? Spouse Standard D means 5year route. Another pointer is did you meet the financial and she the English language requirement if appropriate when applying?

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:43 pm

HI, , I applied for spouse dependent visa for wife and son inside UK, it had been grant leave from 14 july 21, now they visa is running out in 13 Jan 24, , i have been reading lots of threads ,been applying 28 day before you visa expires, so in my case when should i apply for their extension of visa ( earliest) so that i will not have any problem applying for ILR for them, thirdly. How do i count months 2 and hald year is it from the day you submit your application or the time you have been granted visa ( extension)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:02 am

Keith12 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:43 pm
HI, , I applied for spouse dependent visa for wife and son inside UK, it had been grant leave from 14 july 21, now they visa is running out in 13 Jan 24, , i have been reading lots of threads ,been applying 28 day before you visa expires, so in my case when should i apply for their extension of visa ( earliest) so that i will not have any problem applying for ILR for them
eligible to apply for extension since 17 December 2023 already you can make the application
, thirdly. How do i count months 2 and hald year is it from the day you submit your application or the time you have been granted visa ( extension) from the date it is granted!

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:31 pm

I really appreciate you help, im applying spouse extension visa online , before i do this, i want to make sure few doubts are clear.
my wife and son was granted visa dated 14.7.2021 and the expiry date 13.1.24 so my question is. If i apply spouse extension application before expiry ( for instance 26th December). Will it be a short fall of day , when im apply them for ILR.
Tell me the date when to apply so i dont have to worry .

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:31 pm
I really appreciate you help, im applying spouse extension visa online , before i do this, i want to make sure few doubts are clear.
my wife and son was granted visa dated 14.7.2021 and the expiry date 13.1.24 so my question is. If i apply spouse extension application before expiry ( for instance 26th December). Will it be a short fall of day , when im apply them for ILR.
On which date did wife enter UK on spouse visa or was she already in UK and switched?

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:55 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:56 pm
Keith12 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:31 pm
On which date did wife enter UK on spouse visa or was she already in UK and switched?
Hi, they first came to Uk in October 2017 as a  tier 1 dependant spouse visa, In 2018 we had  to put down our paper for tier 1 extension, it was still pending so In 2019 we all varied our existing visa application with Home Office, i got Ilr and for wife and son they rejected her flr m spouse visa, because she could'nt give her english exam as Home office holding her passport, we went for Admin review,after all that,,,,,, judgement was in our favour and then they send my wife passport to do her English Exam,
After passing the English exam , they have granted her visa 14 july 21 and Now her visa expiring 13 jan 2024,
When should i apply her extension spouse visa so that they wouldn't be any shortfall of day in applying ILR.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:38 pm

Already eligible to apply for extension since 17.12.2023 I.e. 28day before completing 30months in UK since grant of initial spouse visa.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:35 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:38 pm
Already eligible to apply for extension since 17.12.2023 I.e. 28day before completing 30months in UK since grant of initial spouse visa.

Thanks for you wounderful Advise, if i start doing Flr m extension application now,(25th december 2023) and submit it later on (3rd January 2024) so what will the date of application,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:46 am

Thanks , if have couple of questions to ask.If i submit Flr M online application 10th jan 2024, Can i still show payslip from jan 23 till Dec 23, ,,,,, i work 2 job ,for 1 i get paid monthly and for 2nd job every 2wk i get paid, can i still show payslips from january till December

2.On my wife BRP shows the type of visa , spouse/partner Leave to remain , so which online application do i need to fill in, is she on 5 year route or 10 years route,

3. Flr (fp) and Flr (m) , is it 2 different form or its same for both category,

4. I have tenancy agreement thats on our both names( me and wife) but the tenure was written as 6 month, does it create an problem if i submit supporting documents, but i have been transferring rent online, is it better to upload only bank statement instead of me uploading tenancy agreement.what do you think,

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:46 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:46 am
Thanks , if have couple of questions to ask.If i submit Flr M online application 10th jan 2024, Can i still show payslip from jan 23 till Dec 23, ,,,,, i work 2 job ,for 1 i get paid monthly and for 2nd job every 2wk i get paid, can i still show payslips from january till December

2.On my wife BRP shows the type of visa , spouse/partner Leave to remain , so which online application do i need to fill in, is she on 5 year route or 10 years route,

4. I have tenancy agreement thats on our both names( me and wife) but the tenure was written as 6 month, does it create an problem if i submit supporting documents, but i have been transferring rent online, is it better to upload only bank statement instead of me uploading tenancy agreement.what do you think,
[/quote

Experts, still waiting for your response , plzzzz

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:51 am

Keith12 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:46 am
Thanks , if have couple of questions to ask.If i submit Flr M online application 10th jan 2024, Can i still show payslip from jan 23 till Dec 23, ,,,,, i work 2 job ,for 1 i get paid monthly and for 2nd job every 2wk i get paid, can i still show payslips from january till December Such evidence should be dated on or before date of application submission

2.On my wife BRP shows the type of visa , spouse/partner Leave to remain , so which online application do i need to fill in, is she on 5 year route or 10 years route, did you meet financial and English requirements at first application?what does her initial spouse visa vignette state.. Standard D.

different
4. I have tenancy agreement thats on our both names( me and wife) but the tenure was written as 6 month, does it create an problem if i submit supporting documents, but i have been transferring rent online, is it better to upload only bank statement instead of me uploading tenancy agreement.what do you think, No

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:10 pm

Hi, im little bit confuse about this tricky question's.
What type of visa , leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the uk ? Options are
Visit, work, study,Family,status under the Eu settlement scheme, settlement , other,
Should i select family or settlement.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:30 pm

Family. Settlement means ILR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:55 pm

Hi
What type of visa or leave did your partner use as the basis of settlement ? I varied the application from t1 entrepreneur to 10 years of long residence, so what should i write , 10 years long residence or t1 entrepreneur visa,
2.please choose the reason you are applying for an extension,this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type,
A)first extension as a partner
B)additional extension as a partner
C) first application as a partner from within the uk.,
Which one to select.

3.Home office reference number , my  husband doesnt have one,, what should we do.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:12 pm

Hi,,,
What type of visa or leave did your partner use as the basis of their settlement, How do answer this ,,,is it 10 year continously residence or t1 entrepreneur visa, On basis of 10 year residence i got ILR.

2) is this the first time yo have applied for a partner route, or extension , with youe current partner(including as a fiance or proposed civil partner)?so in my what would be the anseer (Yes) or (No), this my extension after 2 and half year visa ,

3)Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type,,,,, which one applies to me, A) first extension as a partner ( following an initial period of entry as a partner or as a finance or proposed civil partner of settle persion.B) Additional extension as a partner C)first application as a partner from within the uk( for example- you are currently in the uk on another type of visa or permission to say.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Extending or switching to a partner route

Post by Keith12 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:11 pm

Hi , i need help with this question plzzz,
1) is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or a extension, with your current partner..i have to answer YES or NO.,... i selected No .im here from 2017 parrner dependent visa alter on 2019 we varied the application, my husband got his ILR under 10 year route, so i have to switch to FLR (m). As Home office was holding our passport i could fulfill the english requirement, inspite write letter, they refused my application, we had to go through appeals and all, atlast they send us the passport and gave 6 weeks time to complete test and send back the passport, story cutting to short, we got visa for 2.5 year, SO THIS IS MY SECOND EXTENSION.,..what i select, know YES or NO.

2) next question ,,,,, please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this include if you are switching to a partner visa from another type,
A) first extension as a partner B) Additional extension as a partner c) First application as partner from within the Uk,
I Selected as ADDITIONAL EXTENSION AS A PARTNER,

In my son's column, its asking me,
Have they ever been refused a visa for any country , including the UK, .......what this is referring to,, , any initial visa application from back home or any visa application inside Uk, if its referring to inside , my son's was refused , we varied application to FLR M because i have not pass english test ,( passport are with home Office)

4), i have tenancy agreement which got expired 2 year ago, never had chance to extend but im live in the same property paying bill and house rent , My question, Can i send the old expired House Agreement, explaining them im stilling living at the same property,

5), i have 2 job , with no fixed salary , i do overtime ,,,i meet financial requirement, 22400, i have calculated my earning from jan till dec 2023,First job earning 22000 and second job 5000 ( visa expiring in next week) which option do i select out of 4.
1. The same amount continuously , above the financial requirement
2,same amount , below financial
3, not the same amount continuously , above the financial requirement
4, not the same amt continuouslt , below financial requirement Amount,
Which do i select,

I need help on this, plzzz

Keith12
United Kingdom

Re: Extending or switching to a partner route

Post by Keith12 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:27 pm

Hi , i need your sincere advice, im almost at the stage of submitting Flr m extension online application.
Is it compulsory to submit tenancy contract, why because my contract was expired but still im pay rent from my bank account and council tax, is that if i dont send expired contract, need advice on this please

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:13 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:27 pm
Hi , i need your sincere advice, im almost at the stage of submitting Flr m extension online application.
Is it compulsory to submit tenancy contract, why because my contract was expired but still im pay rent from my bank account and council tax, is that if i dont send expired contract, need advice on this please
What do you mean by your tenancy contract is expired?

The Tenancy Agreement despite having a duration e.g. 1 year stated on it automatically becomes a rolling contract if after the 1 year you continued to stay in the property and meet your contractual obligations stipulated.
Therefore same contract can be submitted.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:10 pm

Thanks,,,, for your quick reply,,,and could you help with this as well plzzz.
1. What is your partners basis for living in the uk,? i answered SETTLED IN THE UK
2. What type of visa or leave did your partner use as basis of their settlement? Should asnswe TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR or 10 Years long residence, I got ILR BASIS OF 10 YEAR actually i varied applicationTIER 1 entrepreneur extension to 10 years.
3. Date settlement obtained, ? Is it the day when i got ILR OR the date when i applied my tier 1 extension, that date,
5 is this the first time you have applied for a partner route , or an extension , with your current partner, i answered NO, this my 2 extension spouse/ partner route.

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension , this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type, Option are
A) first extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner or as a fiance or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
B) Additional extension as a partner,
Im thinking 2 option applies to me because, first they came as tier 1 dependant 2017 , , 2019 we varied to flr m....

Need help plzzz

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:12 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:10 pm
Thanks,,,, for your quick reply,,,and could you help with this as well plzzz.
1. What is your partners basis for living in the uk,? i answered SETTLED IN THE UK
2. What type of visa or leave did your partner use as basis of their settlement? Should asnswe TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR or 10 Years long residence, I got ILR BASIS OF 10 YEAR if on the option or the former actually i varied applicationTIER 1 entrepreneur extension to 10 years.
3. Date settlement obtained, ? Is it the day when i got ILR OR the date when i applied my tier 1 extension, that date,
5 is this the first time you have applied for a partner route , or an extension , with your current partner, i answered NO, this my 2 extension spouse/ partner route. Correct

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension , this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type, Option are
A) first extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner or as a fiance or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
B) Additional extension as a partner,
Im thinking 2 option applies to me because, first they came as tier 1 dependant 2017 , , 2019 we varied to flr m....

Need help plzzz