ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for British Spouse

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave000
India

OCI for British Spouse

Post by dave000 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:18 am

Hello,

My spouse is British by birth and has never had an OCI yet. I am Indian and about to apply for British Citizenship next month. I am aware that he can get an OCI on spouse basis as the marriage is well over two years. However, I am not sure when he should apply. His British Passport is expiring next year, that is, Feb 2025. So if he is to apply OCI let's say in a few weeks and is also granted, then will he have to renew OCI once the passport is renewed next year? From what I know, people above 50 don't have to renew their OCI when their passport is renewed. Please if somebody can clarify this.

Thanks.

BashirB
United Kingdom

Re: OCI for British Spouse

Post by BashirB » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:18 am

He can apply for it even now. OCI is issued to the Individual, not the passport. He just needs to travel with both old and new passport the first 2-3 times he has the new one. After that, they won't ask for old one. Just make sure to take the booklet.