ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR through Skilled Worker Visa Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SreeM
Newly Registered
India

Applying ILR through Skilled Worker Visa Route

Post by SreeM » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:24 am

Hi,

I am about to submit the ILR application in the next week. Have the below two queries:

1. I have first entered UK in 2014 as ICT-dependent and then left that year. Again, came back in 2016 as ICT-dependent and stayed until 2017 mid-year. Was on Tier-4 Student Visa in 2017-2018 and then finally got Tier-2 General in Feb 2019. On the application form, there is a question - When did you first enter the UK? Should this be 2014 or 2019?

2. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? - Should this answer consider all stays since my birth or only since 2019? Also, would it consider short vacations of 2-3 days in a non-UK country?

Any help on these would be highly appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying ILR through Skilled Worker Visa Route

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:47 pm

1. That question is not important at all. I'd put the first entry to the UK
2. It says LIVED, not stayed. So countries that you lived in for more than 6 months as anything less is a short stay
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SreeM
Newly Registered
India

Post by SreeM » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:13 am

Thank you for the response.

So, for the first question, my answer will be 2014. In that case, since I have spent more than 6 months in India in 2015-2016, my answer to the 2nd question will only be this one instance. I am confused about the length of time they are considering for the 2nd question - is it from birth until now, or is it from 2014, until now(since I first visited the UK in 2014)?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:14 am

2. It's from birth - your country of birth. You were born and raised (lived) in that country before moving to the UK.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:17 am

SreeM wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:13 am
Thank you for the response.

So, for the first question, my answer will be 2014. In that case, since I have spent more than 6 months in India in 2015-2016, my answer to the 2nd question will only be this one instance. I am confused about the length of time they are considering for the 2nd question - is it from birth until now, or is it from 2014, until now(since I first visited the UK in 2014)?
It's a simple question. Have you previously lived in another country. It doesn't matter when it happened. Also obviously you can't have been living in the UK and another country at the same time. Except you have a clone, even at that, one isn't truly you.

So simple answer, I lived in India, I lived in Japan, I lived in Fiji. Or I only ever lived in country of birth (named) and the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!