ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-vetting when unsure about previous addresses

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gnillot
Newly Registered
Sweden

E-vetting when unsure about previous addresses

Post by Gnillot » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know what happens with the E-vetting stage if you don't know/can't remember the exact details of all addresses you've lived at since birth?

I cannot for the life of me remember the move in/move out dates for some of the addresses I lived at in my early 20s (20-25 years ago) and have only a vague idea of what the addresses actually were. Although I may be able to work out the latter with the help of Google Maps.

archermoo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E-vetting when unsure about previous addresses

Post by archermoo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I've been vetted three times since I moved to Ireland (twice for jobs and once for citizenship), and I had the same issue. For times that I couldn't remember exact addresses I just put all of the other info (city, country, etc) and "various addresses" in the address field. I passed all of the vettings with no issue.

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E-vetting when unsure about previous addresses

Post by lochgarman » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:19 pm

Thanks guys! This thread is actually really important.

I have been stressing about listing "all addresses from birth" on the Garda e-vetting.

I am a UK Citizen and have lived in Ireland continuously for 10 years, and applying for naturalisation on the basis of 5 years residence.

I was born overseas but came to the UK age 2 and then lived at a number of different addresses in England during childhood until age 11 as my parents moved every few years... details and dates for which there is no way I can never remember...and my mum can't recall details either.

I also don't know and my mum can't recall the overseas address she was living at when I was born or the exact dates she came to the UK.

After age 11, we lived more stably at one UK address apart from my later being away at university as undergraduate and postgraduate. I'm in my 40s now.

I have been resident in the 26 counties of Ireland since the beginning of 2014.

But there is no way I'm going to get the details and moving dates right on my Garda e-vetting for my childhood address moves before age 11.

Any advice on how you fill the form as accurately as you can?