ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification required on Previous Earnings. Please advice.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_922

Clarification required on Previous Earnings. Please advice.

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for the HSMP Tier 1 initial application, and was collecting all the required documents. As part of the Previous Earnings section, I have a slight confusion.

I came to the UK in Mid-July. Prior to that I was in India. Since I am planning to apply for HSMP in March 2009, I guess I have to submit bank statements from the month of March 2008 to Feb 2009 (12 months).

When I came to the UK, I did not have a bank account, and my July salary (for around 15 days) was credited to my wife's bank account in the UK. All the other months after July was credited to my bank account in the UK.

Now I want to understand how I prove that my July month salary alone was credited to my wife's account (because I did not have a bank account).

Any advice on the above would be of great help.

Many Thanks.

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:32 pm

See, I am not sure if there is anyway to prove this. I can advise you not to show that month's salary if you are able to score the required points without that income.

Otherwise, you can do one of the below:
1. Convert your wife account to joint account now.
2. Get a statement for July'08 from the bank with the joint account name (Not sure if that bank will agree to get you that month statement with both your names)

OR

1. Get a letter from Employer stateing that the July'08 salary was credited to XXXX account number.
2. Get a declaration from your Wife stating that credit in her account is your salary for that month.
3. Attach, Letter from Employer, Declaration from your wife and Her bank account statements.

I may as well be wrong!

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 pm

I would get a letter from your bank confirming when you opened your account as well. Further evidence that you didn't have one at the time that you got paid.

They have to understand that it is quite difficult to open a bank account when you first arrive in Britain...