ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FMRS application pending for almost a year

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarkany
Newly Registered

FMRS application pending for almost a year

Post by sarkany » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi all, I have applied for FMRS in January 2008 and have not received a single piece of paper from H.O. since. I kept calling but got usual "It is under consideration", and now I cannot even get through (automated all our workers are busy, try later). Needless to say I am getting desperate as I cannot prove that I have a right to live and work here so nobody would even talk to me about work, heck I cannot even leave since they have my passport. What can I do? Please help....

PS - they did send a letter in November asking for my husbands pay slips for last three months, which we promptly sent, since than nothing.... :(

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: FMRS application pending for almost a year

Post by thsths » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:56 pm

sarkany wrote:Hi all, I have applied for FMRS in January 2008 and have not received a single piece of paper from H.O. since. I kept calling but got usual "It is under consideration", and now I cannot even get through (automated all our workers are busy, try later). Needless to say I am getting desperate as I cannot prove that I have a right to live and work here so nobody would even talk to me about work, heck I cannot even leave since they have my passport.
Unfortunately the processing of applications under European law is quite stuck at the UKBA. For several months last year, no applications were processed at all, and I think January is the month most affected.

That being said, has your spouse completed 12 months in continuous employment? Then you should qualify for a residence card, and you should ask your application to be changed accordingly (do not cancel the application, or you have to join the queue again).

And of course you can complain via a number of different ways. You can contact the UKBA directly, see http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/c ... omplaints/, probably the North West section. You can also ask your MP to inquire on your behalf. The European union offers two options: SOLVIT is for a quick and uncomplicated resolution (if possible), but your partner has to contact SOLVIT in his home country. Or you can complain to the European union, which is not as fast, but potentially teh most effective option.

sarkany
Newly Registered

Post by sarkany » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately he does not have 12 months continuously as he changed jobs in the meantime and the gap was for more than 30 days. This worries me because I am afraid that a) it will affect my application, b) if they do approve it how long is it going to be valid for? I have sent two letters requesting COA since I never received it but I have not received reply to either. Without my passport and COA I find it extremely difficult to convince potential employers to even look at my job application so my work history gap is getting wider and wider..... I will try the routes you provided, and once again thank you for your reply

edro

Post by edro » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

hi
any good news sarkany
have you made any complains?

sarkany
Newly Registered

Post by sarkany » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Sorry for not replying earlier, if you are still interested, it took two calls from my local MP to get my case sorted, they gave me 5 year visa straight away after that....

klab8
Newly Registered

Post by klab8 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:19 pm

hello everyone!
Didn't post for quite some time....... but good news after all this time!
My non-EEA husband got his EEA FP within 1 day when applying in France (he is a French resident but not national) and we have been happily living in UK for over 5 months now.
After me studying for 4 years and working for 1 year (all in UK) BUT without WRS I started new work on 1st of September. Applied for WRS and got it processed within 10days and we applied for my husband's FMRS straight after. We just got Certificate of receiving the application ONLY after 3 weeks since posting it! Now we just hope that the FMRS permit will be issued equally speedily.
And really hope you all are equally lucky!

Not sure whether having a stable job - where one year of employment is presumed even in these tough times - helped, but i think both applications were received quite quickly.

Good luck to everyone!