ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Citizenship application queries

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:05 pm

Hi - I appreciate that similar questions are answered in various threads, but I have notice some conflicting response so hoping to get a unambiguous response pertaining to my application, thank you.

1. For previous immigration application -
--- 1a. Name in which you made the application - My name, correct?
--- 1b. Reference number of the applications - I have a SAR output. The document has Global ID as well as VAF number for my historical business VISAs - should I use either of them or use the visa vignette reference number?
---1c. For one of the Tier 2 ICT visa - I dont have any reference number; can I include BRP number instead?
---1d. Should I make a clarification in "other information" section at the end of application, that these dates, or numbers are best estimates and may not be exactly true?
---1e. I notice that If I only answer the mandatory question (leaving if known blank), there won't be any distinction on 2 or more visa details I am providing. For example - for my Tier 2 extension as well as Tier 2 dependent application, my name and location where applications were made are same. So essentially, this would be repeated entry if I am unable to furnish the biometric and application ref and date.

2. Current Partner - My wife has only first name (given name) as per her Indian passport; i.e. NO SURNAME. What should I put in given name and family name application section? Her BRP has her first name repeated twice, so should I use her first name to fill both questions?

3. Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner? - I have 2 children under 5, both of them are now british citizens. So should I respond YES or No? I have seen conflicting answer to this question in this forum.

Thank you.

Openheimmer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship application queries

Post by Openheimmer » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:56 pm

jrs1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:05 pm
Hi - I appreciate that similar questions are answered in various threads, but I have notice some conflicting response so hoping to get a unambiguous response pertaining to my application, thank you.

1. For previous immigration application -
--- 1a. Name in which you made the application - My name, correct?
YES
--- 1b. Reference number of the applications - I have a SAR output. The document has Global ID as well as VAF number for my historical business VISAs - should I use either of them or use the visa vignette reference number?
You should use the application reference number, the number when you applied for your visas. This can be VAF or other number.
---1c. For one of the Tier 2 ICT visa - I dont have any reference number; can I include BRP number instead?
It is fine, they also say if you know. I'd just put the name and from where did you apply the visa. Home office would be able to locate you. I did the same (just the name and location, no dates as can't remember).
---1d. Should I make a clarification in "other information" section at the end of application, that these dates, or numbers are best estimates and may not be exactly true?
You dont need to, they have all the information. It is up to you if you want to make the clarification. Keep things simple.
---1e. I notice that If I only answer the mandatory question (leaving if known blank), there won't be any distinction on 2 or more visa details I am providing. For example - for my Tier 2 extension as well as Tier 2 dependent application, my name and location where applications were made are same. So essentially, this would be repeated entry if I am unable to furnish the biometric and application ref and date.

If you made 2 applications, there should be 2 entries.

2. Current Partner - My wife has only first name (given name) as per her Indian passport; i.e. NO SURNAME. What should I put in given name and family name application section? Her BRP has her first name repeated twice, so should I use her first name to fill both questions?

I'd assume this isn't the first time you are filling an application to home office. Use the information which you have used in the last visa application. be consistent.

3. Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner? - I have 2 children under 5, both of them are now british citizens. So should I respond YES or No? I have seen conflicting answer to this question in this forum.

If you and your partner are biological parents then the answer is yes. If you had adopted them or they have a different mother then the answer is no.

Thank you.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm

Thanks.

Sorry, the 3rd question was - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

By mistake I pasted a wrong question.

So for this, I have 2 children who have already acquired BC, so should this be Yes/No. One of the response on this forum says to answer Yes, and then clarify as additional notes. The other says to mark No as they won't be applying in the future.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:38 pm

They are not applying with you so answer No.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:09 pm

Thanks all

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:18 pm

Hello, another question from the application -

When did you first arrive in the UK?

I came to UK in 2013 and maintained continued residence with different visas for 10 years and applied for Set LR (ILR). I used 2013 as the time to answer this question in ILR application.

Now for citizen application, I also came to UK for a brief period of 3 months on business visa in 2011. Does this change the response for this question in this BC application, or should I use 2013 same as ILR application?

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 am

Use 2013 as that is the period ab initio the applications finally culminating in application you are making is based on.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am

Thank you

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:20 pm

Please can I ask what document is needed for proof of living for 5 years (applying in own right and Indian national)?

The document page states that if you are a non-eea national, include your passport. Is this sufficient as all entries are stamped. I am providing passport anyway as it is also the first document that is asked separately.

If passport in itself isn't sufficient, shall I provide P60s for last 5years to meet the ask? (for 1 year, I have P45 for leaving one employment + P60 for partial period of new employment with no gaps)

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:32 pm

Passport only, all stamped pages and bio page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Thank you

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am

Please can I ask where the list of documents asks for Passport evidence directly, or where it need to be submitted as part of 5 year residence proof, do we have to submit all Indian passports held?

Old passport - Has my older UK VISAs
New passport - all last 5 years travel here.

New passport definitely, but are we required to submit Old passport as proof as well (I suppose yes as it ties with the details of UK immigration application details I provided in AN)

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:11 am

jrs1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am
Please can I ask where the list of documents asks for Passport evidence directly, or where it need to be submitted as part of 5 year residence proof, do we have to submit all Indian passports held? No.

Old passport - Has my older UK VISAs Not required.
New passport - all last 5 years travel here.

New passport definitely, but are we required to submit Old passport as proof as well (I suppose yes as it ties with the details of UK immigration application details I provided in AN) you are not required to prove every detail you have submitted on the application.
Only submit documents you are asked to submit - only a minimum is required. I know I did it myself.
Thanks.
Thanks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:36 am

Thank you.

I am really amazed (in a good way) that all I am being asked as list of documents are

my Indian passport (also proving 5 year residence)
my ILR BRP,
english cert, and,
2 referral letters.

I was apprehensive earlier that I will have to dig a lot of documents to attach to my application as I read somewhere that proof of good character etc. are required.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:03 pm

Note that naturalisation is not part of the immigration system - it comes under the British Nationality Act which lays down it's own rules and requirements. You are not applying for an extension of ILR. And just think, once you got your certificate and your British passport no more applications, for yourself anyway.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:40 pm

Can't agree more.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:42 am

jrs1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:36 am
Thank you.

I am really amazed (in a good way) that all I am being asked as list of documents are

my Indian passport (also proving 5 year residence)
my ILR BRP,
english cert, and,
2 referral letters.

I was apprehensive earlier that I will have to dig a lot of documents to attach to my application as I read somewhere that proof of good character etc. are required.
You need to be of good character but you don't have to prove that eg you never committed any crimes. That requirement asks you to disclose any pending proceedings and to show evidence that your character isn't brought into question by [ast actions, but if you haven't done anything you don't have to prove anything.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.