ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

information on Switching employer - transition period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

information on Switching employer - transition period

Post by laulau » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 am

hello everyone

I'm in the process of switching employer under a skilled worker Visa
My first skilled Visa started in July 2022. I already resigned from my employer and my last day of work was the 10th of January 2024. I'm currently in the UK not working and my second employer submitted the new skilled worker Visa application. The first Visa is not curtailed yet.

I should receive the answer for the new skilled worker Visa in 5 days as it has been submitted with priority
Anyway i will start the new job in mid February. So from the moment of the Visa decision and the effective start date of the new job i won t have any salary .
is there a problem for not having started the second job right after the first one?
will this create problem for travels outside of the country?

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: information on Switching employer - transition period

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:10 am

laulau wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 am
is there a problem for not having started the second job right after the first one?
That's not a problem at all.
laulau wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 am
will this create problem for travels outside of the country?
Having no job doesn't prevent anyone from travelling. The only thing that is not advisable to do is travelling while an immigration application is pending, as it may be withdrawn.

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am

ok thank you very much

yes i know i cannot travel while the current application with my second employer is processed.

so when a decision for my second skilled worker Visa will be taken, can i travel outside of the country and then come back with no issue even if my job has not started yet?

will this month and something with no salary affect the ILR ?

Thank you

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 am

laulau wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am
so when a decision for my second skilled worker Visa will be taken, can i travel outside of the country and then come back with no issue even if my job has not started yet?
Of course you can.
laulau wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am
will this month and something with no salary affect the ILR ?
That's not an issue at all, no effect.

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:21 pm

my Visa has been approved today!

so now the new Visa expires in 2029 but i already cumulated 1 years and 6 months with my previous employer
what about the ILR? does the count starts again with the employer switch or will i be able to have ILR in 2027 as i came to the UK in 2022?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:50 pm

laulau wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:21 pm
my Visa has been approved today!

so now the new Visa expires in 2029 but i already cumulated 1 years and 6 months with my previous employer
what about the ILR? does the count starts again with the employer switch or will i be able to have ILR in 2027 as i came to the UK in 2022?

Thanks
You switched employer, not route so your ILR clock is not reset. I.e your 5years continue from 2022 to 2027.