ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application & Social Benefits

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship Application & Social Benefits

Post by Malik10991 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:14 am

Hi Folks
"If it's not under the correct section please move it to the correct section"
My mother is due to apply for her citizenship in 6 months or so from now. She's currently on a stamp 4 equivalent for 5 years by virtue of my father who is a British national exercising his right to free movement in Ireland prior to brexit.
The question is can my mother take HAP help towards rent payment? And also she's not in the best of health her doctor has decided to declare her disabled and wants her to claim disability like any other disabled person.
However, I'm of the opinion that it could potentially go against her when it comes to applying for citizenship.
Can anyone please shed some light on what affect taking state benefits ( specifically disability & HAP) could this have if any on her citizenship application?
Thanks a Million.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Application & Social Benefits

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:28 am

Another forum member mentioned means tested benefits might reflect negatively:
post2098355.html#p2098355
eg Disability allowance, which is one:
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/s ... allowance/
DA is a means-tested payment.
I don't know the source of this, so can neither confirm nor deny, but best to err on the side of caution.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.