ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

osax
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by osax » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:32 pm

I live in the UK based on my husband's status (he's british). My indefinite stay would be out January next year.
Now I'm applying for schools in the US, my husband wants me to study nursing in the US because we want to relocate to the US in July next year.
Do you think it would affect my indefinite stay?
Pls any genuine information would be appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:33 pm

If eligible, naturalise as a British citizen before relocating. Else, see also Returning residents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by sakura » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 am

osax wrote:I live in the UK based on my husband's status (he's british). My indefinite stay would be out January next year.
Now I'm applying for schools in the US, my husband wants me to study nursing in the US because we want to relocate to the US in July next year.
Do you think it would affect my indefinite stay?
Pls any genuine information would be appreciated
Even if you obtain ILR, your chances of naturalisation may be affected due to long absences.

ObamaBinLaden
Newly Registered

Post by ObamaBinLaden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 am

if youre outside the uk for 2yrs. u lose ur ilr. if they think you dont live in the uk permanently, theyll take away your ilr.