ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Free Countries for UK ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pangsjil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa Free Countries for UK ILR

Post by pangsjil » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Anyone know Visa Free Countries for UK ILR holders? OR evisa options (i.e visa in few hours kind).

Online search pretty much shows for UK Citizens but not too clear for UK ILR holders.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Visa Free Countries for UK ILR

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:53 pm

You normally don't have any freedom to enter another country without a visa after getting ILR in the UK, you keep the same rights - and restrictions - than in your original nationality.

There are just a few countries that allow UK ILR holders to enter without a visa - I only can recall Mexico, but the list is not very wide. You need to double check in the countries' visitor/immigration websites.

I also would think about complications dealing with airlines' staff.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:07 pm

Turkey is another one AFAIK (for evisa), but the list is small anf IMO isn't worth the effort to pierce it together; assume your passport is the only thing you have and plan your trip based on that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

BashirB
United Kingdom

Post by BashirB » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:56 pm

You can go to the GCC Countries if you have UK ILR, schengen visa, US green card. Same for Turkey.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:50 pm

pangsjil wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:49 pm
Anyone know Visa Free Countries for UK ILR holders? OR evisa options (i.e visa in few hours kind).

Online search pretty much shows for UK Citizens but not too clear for UK ILR holders.
Note that ILR is a UK-specific status. It has no legal validity in any other country. Some countries may allow you to visit if you hold ILR but that varies from country to country
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:42 pm

Keep in mind that UK ILR does not entitle you to anything outside the UK. It is a UK-only specific status.

Thus, if anything were to happen to you abroad, you would not get consular assistance from the UK diplomatic services, but from the diplomatic services of the nation of your passport or a nation to which it has delegated its diplomatic duties.

And even if a country provides visa-on-arrival or e-visa to you, it may not be on the same terms as British citizens. For instance, when I had traveled to Turkey on UK ILR, the visa counter for UK ILR holders was in a police station on the outskirts of the airport, while that for British citizens was within the airport. I don't recall it now, but the duration of a visa-on-arrival or an e-visa may be less than that for British citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

pangsjil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pangsjil » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:53 pm

Thanks All for your responses. Makes sense.