ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Fees question

Post by OneTrickPony » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:44 pm

I am a British Citizen and I am currently in the UK. I want to bring my wife from the Philippines to the UK. She is currently in the Philippines. I am planning to hire a solicitor here in the UK to help us do spouse visa. My question: If we hire a solicitor and they help us make the application (on her behalf) in this case would my wife be considered as applying inside the UK or no? Because if yes then we can avail the opportunity of getting a faster decision for her application by paying £1000 extra and we really wanted that. Is there a way for us to get a faster decision on spouse visa even though she is physically in the Philippines right now. And also for the visa itself would we face the charge of £1,846 (applying from outside the UK) or £1,048 applying from inside the UK even if we hire a solicitor here in the UK?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Fees question

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:08 pm

She is applying from the Philippines regardless of using a solicitor in the UK. She will be required to give her biometrics in the Philippines and the costs for application will be based on applying from overseas.
As for decision time, it is what it is.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Fees question

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:44 pm
I am a British Citizen and I am currently in the UK. I want to bring my wife from the Philippines to the UK. She is currently in the Philippines. I am planning to hire a solicitor here in the UK to help us do spouse visa. My question: If we hire a solicitor and they help us make the application (on her behalf) in this case would my wife be considered as applying inside the UK or no? Because if yes then we can avail the opportunity of getting a faster decision for her application by paying £1000 extra and we really wanted that. Is there a way for us to get a faster decision on spouse visa even though she is physically in the Philippines right now. And also for the visa itself would we face the charge of £1,846 (applying from outside the UK) or £1,048 applying from inside the UK even if we hire a solicitor here in the UK?
You really don't need a solicitor for these applications in my opinion.. Save your money and ask any queries on here.