ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further enquiries raised during a naturalisation application - does the 6 month timeline reset?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Burnerpass1223
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Further enquiries raised during a naturalisation application - does the 6 month timeline reset?

Post by Burnerpass1223 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:47 am

Hi all. I am in the midst of applying for citizenship under the ILR - spouse of a British citizen route. The timeline is as follows:

Biometrics were summited on 11 August 2023.

Email from Home Office Atlas asking for clarification on my place of birth received on 16 November 2023.

Sent back documents on 19 November 2023

I have not received anything from them aside from a generic email (after following up) saying that they were sorry for the delay and they are looking into third party enquiries in respect of my application. I am getting nervous as the 6 month timeframe is nearly up and most if not all of the cohort of people who applied during my time period heard back within 2-3 months.

Does anyone know if the 6 month processing timeline resets if they ask further questions?

My application should be extremely straightforward, so I don’t know why it is taking this long.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Further enquiries raised during a naturalisation application - does the 6 month timeline reset?

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:11 am

You don't determine your application being straightforward, HO does.
It's mixed bag, some reasonable time for decision, some longer.
Wait for the 6months mark then can follow up again and or involve MP even though MP's involvement does not carry the weight it used to before.
Try ease your anxiety and let the process see itself through.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Further enquiries raised during a naturalisation application - does the 6 month timeline reset?

Post by imbik » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:07 pm

Extremely straight-forward? Then what the next step would be, somebody from Home office brings citizenship certificate to you and apologizes for being late :shock:

Everyone is waiting! whether the spouse is British or not and their case is complicated or clear. And it is not a Ryanair flight with priority boarding. For instance in the last 10 months, I applied (or helped them in applying) for 7 different people (4 from my family and 3 other close friends). Including mine we received 3 certificates so far but other 4 (with extremely straight-forward situation) still waiting for the last min. 7 months. :(

Find something else to focus on, then one day soon (probably Monday morning) you will get an email from Altas saying "I am pleased to tell you that.....
I love science

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:41 pm

Like I said elsewhere, the 6 months is not a completion deadline, it's an "aspiration, many applications take anywhere between 3 and 6 months, sometimes even less, or longer than that. UKVI never give any progress updates, never have, at least I haven't seen it reported for the past 7 years. And if they do contact you it's for further information and documents. Unfortunately, UKVI don't communicate very clearly or openly. They also know that applicants have ILR/Settled Status so basically don't face problems with not being able to travel, or other rights.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:17 pm

Agreed with all comments above.
I have applied and submitted my Bio on the 10th of August 2023 and I haven’t heard anything yet. You just need to forget about it and focus elsewhere.
Ps, I have criminal records tho. I did request SAR and it came last week with only 3 notes relating for the application, 2 I couldn’t understand what they meant and 1 has been redacted!

Niroo11
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Niroo11 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:01 pm

Hi,

Have you got a response from HO yet?
I applied for citizenship 1st October. HO on 7th January asked me to confirm the city of Birth( I’m UK born) emailed this the same day and still waiting :(
Good luck