ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Question PLEASE REPLY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akkrdy
Newly Registered

General Question PLEASE REPLY

Post by akkrdy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi All,

I just want to know if I come to Europe on Schengen visa can I look for a job and then change my status after I get it set.

Please advice, I would really appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks in Advance,

--Kiran

AxeZ

Re: General Question PLEASE REPLY

Post by AxeZ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:11 am

akkrdy wrote:Hi All,

I just want to know if I come to Europe on Schengen visa can I look for a job and then change my status after I get it set.

Thanks in Advance,

--Kiran

In short..NO

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:42 am

I am not 100% but I do not think there would be a problem in applying for jobs (and probably also no problem in attending interviews), but, depending on the EU country (and your country of origin), you would most probably have to return and apply for the work permit/visa from your home country.

And you would have to make it clear to any prospective employers that you are currently only on a visit visa and would require work permit sponsorship.

I personally cannot see a problem with looking for jobs whilst visiting, but maybe some countries have some sort of policy against this...

akkrdy
Newly Registered

Post by akkrdy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks Sakura and Axez,

I want to take a chance I see lot of requirements in my field want to try my luck.

I appreciate your response.

--Kiran

[quote="sakura"]I am not 100% but I do not think there would be a problem in applying for jobs (and probably also no problem in attending interviews), but, depending on the EU country (and your country of origin), you would most probably have to return and apply for the work permit/visa from your home country.

And you would have to make it clear to any prospective employers that you are currently only on a visit visa and would require work permit sponsorship.

I personally cannot see a problem with looking for jobs whilst visiting, but maybe some countries have some sort of policy against this...[/quote]

gani999

Re: General Question PLEASE REPLY

Post by gani999 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:20 pm

akkrdy wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in Advance,

--Kiran
You can look for a job while visiting, but if you find one, you'll need to go back to your country to apply for another visa that will help you re-enter. Changing visa types is not at all encouraged.