ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Using a solicitor

Post by sarab123 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am

Hello :)

My husband came to the UK on a fiance visa, which we used a solicitor to apply for and we found this very helpful. However now we would like to apply for the next visa (5 year route) and feel like we have enough knowledge of the application and process to proceed without a solicitor.

I was just wondering what other people did in terms of using a solicitor or not?

Hope that makes sense! Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Using a solicitor

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:13 am

Its a personal choice if you have money to throw away.

It is not a difficult application if you meet the requirements and solicitors very often get things very very wrong, to the detriment of the applicant.

Many apply on their own without any issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:26 pm

You can get the application done by yourselves and get successful outcome.

Should you require clarification ask on here.
Don't throw away your money please.

sarab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Witness statements

Post by sarab123 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:32 am

Good morning :)

Me and my husband are currently at the document uploading stage of our spouse visa application. Last time we applied for the fiance visa we used a solicitor who took witness statements from us for the application and also requested that we had letters of support from friends/family. On the document upload page I cannot see any specific requirement for the statements or letters so I was wondering if other people still included these in their application?

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Witness statements

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:53 am

On the document upload page I cannot see any specific requirement for the statements or letters so I was wondering if other people still included these in their application?
Because none of this is a requirments for a fiance or spouse visa and never has been. Such documents, if submitted, will just be discarded and ignored. They are irrelevant, of no value and unnecessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sarab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sarab123 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:53 am
On the document upload page I cannot see any specific requirement for the statements or letters so I was wondering if other people still included these in their application?
Because none of this is a requirments for a fiance or spouse visa and never has been. Such documents, if submitted, will just be discarded and ignored. They are irrelevant, of no value and unnecessary.
Oh wow, thank you for that. Our solicitor seemed to have us believe they were essential. Would have saved us a lot of time and stress if we had known that previously.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:57 pm

sarab123 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:59 am
CR001 wrote:
Oh wow, thank you for that. Our solicitor seemed to have us believe they were essential. Would have saved us a lot of time and stress if we had known that previously.
Your solicitor had to be seen as working! Or it just might have been their limited understanding.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:56 pm

sarab123 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:59 am
CR001 wrote:
Solicitor needs to justify the high amount he is charging; what's showd this better than piles and piles of paperwork?

Keep asking your questions on here. This forum is a goldmine.

sarab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Salary requirements

Post by sarab123 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:55 am

Hello,

I have been in my current job for 5 month, and will not have received my 6th payslip before our visa application is submitted. I have payslips etc from my old job, so am I able to use these as well?

People change jobs all the time so I would assume that a change of job would be taken into account?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Salary requirements

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:57 am

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions in one topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:55 pm

sarab123 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am
Hello :)

My husband came to the UK on a fiance visa, which we used a solicitor to apply for and we found this very helpful. However now we would like to apply for the next visa (5 year route) and feel like we have enough knowledge of the application and process to proceed without a solicitor.

I was just wondering what other people did in terms of using a solicitor or not?

Hope that makes sense! Thank you.
The knowledge and Willingness to assist given from these pages was enough for us! Never used a Solicitor as these pages more than meet the need IMO.

Perhaps if the application was complex, only then would I have considered a Solicitor. Having said that, the only time we did use a Solicitor (20 minutes), he just said exactly what we had learned from these pages. That gave us huge confidence in the info provided here.

At the end of the day, its the Applicants money and Choice.

Good luck🙂

sarab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Salary requirements

Post by sarab123 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:44 am

Good morning all,

We submitted all of my husband's documents at the biometric appointment 3 weeks ago. I know the processing time is up to 8 weeks, which is fine. However I logged onto the actual visa application and it says that we still need to book a biometrics appointment. Is this normal or should it be a cause for concern?

Thank you :)