ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for a refugee

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Patelboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR for a refugee

Post by Patelboy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:12 am

Could someone help with this , I transit Heathrow with forged identity to Canada to seek for asylum however when I got to Heathrow I seek asylum and provided them with my original documents Kenya documents and I was detained and refused asylum however when my solicitor appealed I was granted.i am due to apply for Ilr does this classified as illegal entry and it is a bad character as I am looking for apply for citizenship after 12 months of Ilr as I have already done my life in U.K. test

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for a refugee

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:17 pm

Patelboy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:12 am
Could someone help with this , I transit Heathrow with forged identity to Canada to seek for asylum however when I got to Heathrow I seek asylum and provided them with my original documents Kenya documents and I was detained and refused asylum however when my solicitor appealed I was granted.i am due to apply for Ilr does this classified as illegal entry and it is a bad character as I am looking for apply for citizenship after 12 months of Ilr as I have already done my life in U.K. test
There is no good character requirement for ILR. That is only for nationality applications and the home office can refuse your citizenship application for whatever reason, as you have no entitlement to British citizenship and the process is all discretionary. Normally, if they view your entry to the UK as illegal entry, then your application will be refused unless at least 10 years have passed since such breach
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Patelboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Patelboy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:24 pm

@Zimba thanks mate one last question. During the application I was asked if I entered the country illegal and is Yes/No what should I answer ?

Hi everyone I need an urgent answer to this when asked if you entered illegal should I answer Yes/No I claim asylum at airport immediately I arrive at the U.K.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:42 pm

@Patelboy you shouldn't post in people's topics asking the same question over and over - please stick to your own.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:03 am

Patelboy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:24 pm
@Zimba thanks mate one last question. During the application I was asked if I entered the country illegal and is Yes/No what should I answer ?

Hi everyone I need an urgent answer to this when asked if you entered illegal should I answer Yes/No I claim asylum at airport immediately I arrive at the U.K.
I'd say no as you applied for asylum at the airport and entered as an asylum seeker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice